Randomtest and Quicktest issues

I’m a noob to choicescript, have 0 experience with coding of any kind, but I’m getting interested in these kinds of games. I’ve typed out a little bit of a game, and need to check my progress to make sure I know what I’m doing, and it’s correct.

That said, I cannot figure out how to run the tests. I try to run the batch file with my game, but it’s not working all I get is a little scrap of gibberish text I can’t understand. I’m likely doing something so obviously wrong that it’s embarrasing, but I need a way to test it. I’ve also tried opening the html file in firefox, but all I get is a loading screen that continues to load forever.
Some help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Most people use the .html file, but if you’re having trouble with that you have two options:

• Open up the html version, press F12 to bring up your browser console and let us know what error is appearing there - we might be able to help.
  • Give up and download CSIDE - open your scene file(s) with it, then right-click the project and run your tests directly from there.

Loading failed for the with source “file:///C:/Users/dyson_y0xtcba/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_dfabulich-choicescript-7c0a4a6.zip/dfabulich-choicescript-7c0a4a6/web/scene.js”.
quicktest.html:5
Loading failed for the with source “file:///C:/Users/dyson_y0xtcba/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_dfabulich-choicescript-7c0a4a6.zip/dfabulich-choicescript-7c0a4a6/web/navigator.js”.
quicktest.html:6
Loading failed for the with source “file:///C:/Users/dyson_y0xtcba/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_dfabulich-choicescript-7c0a4a6.zip/dfabulich-choicescript-7c0a4a6/web/util.js”.
quicktest.html:7
Loading failed for the with source “file:///C:/Users/dyson_y0xtcba/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_dfabulich-choicescript-7c0a4a6.zip/dfabulich-choicescript-7c0a4a6/editor/embeddable-autotester.js”.
quicktest.html:8
ReferenceError: SceneNavigator is not defined
[Learn More]
quicktest.html:11:1
ReferenceError: knownScenes is not defined
[Learn More]
quicktest.html:155:7
The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol.

This is the entire message. I tried reading through it, but my pitiful knowledge of this subject just makes it seem like gibberish. Thanks in advance!

Looks like you haven’t extracted the zip file?

1 Like

Thanks, that was it :). I was right, the problem was blatantly obvious haha.

2 Likes

Hello! My Quicktest is not working anymore. I tried everything and i havent found any solutions in the internet.

It sais:

QUICKTEST FAILED
ERROR: couldn’t open web/mygame/scenes/start_up.txt

I dont know what to do…

And im realy sad, because now i cant work on my projekt anymore.

I would think it should be “startup” and not “start_up”–be sure your file is named accordingly.

hi uhh can the quicktest and randomtest work when using internet explorer? because ive tried running them but both of them wont work

I think your best bet is to use firefox.