Problem Running Quicktests

(Windows 8 officially hates me)

So I have Windows 8, and with it, Windows SmartScreen (which really isn’t that smart). And I try to run a quicktest. And I get past the “may damage your PC” part and run it away. But all that comes up is a little black screen with white writing…that falls backwards and goes away in about a second and a half. Has anyone had this problem, or does anyone know how to fix it?

Update: I’ve gotten so far as…C:\Users\Austin\Documents\dfabulich-choicescript-bfe5332\dfabulich-choicescript-bfe5332>

In command prompt. My new problem, however, is when I type ‘quicktest,’ this comes up after I press enter instead.

C:\Users\Austin\Documents\dfabulich-choicescript-bfe5332\dfabulich-choicescript-bfe5332>java -jar js.jar -w -opt -1 -debug autotest.js
’ java’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Can someone help with this?

It’s a stab in the dark but try running the bat (test) files as an administrator -right-click -> Run as Administrator.

@CJW Nope. Thanks though. :smiley:

Make sure java is in your $path variable. http://java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

Assuming you have java already installed.

@Chrysoula I don’t see a walk through for Windows 8…do you know how to?

The same thing should work for Windows 8 as Windows 7. Try typing ‘path’ on the start screen. The search results will come back with a couple of hits under ‘settings’, and Bob’s your uncle.

@Chrysoula No, still not working. (I hate technology) Thanks though.