Place to roleplay COG other than the forums here?

Still have the site up for rp but unsure how active it still is.

1 Like

Jcink, ProBoards, Invisionfree, Icyboards, et al are all solid forum software and free.

EDIT: IMO from a site making perspective if youā€™re new I would recommend Jcink. ProBoards since the update IMO has a really unintuitive system and Invisionfree has a system that takes longer than jcink to be proficient with, and Icyboards needs some coding savvy to really use to make anything above a basic blank message board. Jcink is a happy medium IMO with rather simple controls under the hood and allows you to make a lot of really cool things without knowing how to necessarily make anything yourself.

I would like to join in the RPing as well. Iā€™ve mostly RPed in forums and recently in mmorpgs.

1 Like

Now that we have some ideas for where to do it, what games might you all like to RP?

I have already put in a request for CCH, and also think the Heroes Rise trilogy would be fun. Or maybe Tin Star, if there is interest and the author signs off on it.

Disclaimer: I am obviously missing some fun ones, there are some forum favorites I havenā€™t played yet.

CCH or Heroes Rise. Iā€™m a sucker for superhero things :smiley:

So long as I can stick to my James Minazuki archetype and quickly check the source material, Im not too picky.

Superhero would be fun, I donā€™t care which. Both are good. I just have a few superhero character ideas floating around. Tin Star, and the other choice and hosted games would be good too. If I have the time, (since I have a game demo I need to finish fixing to put up) I could probably help with some graphic design on whatever board you use. Back in the day I did a lot of proboards design but I havenā€™t done any since the change. Not as user friendly.

Just wondering: Any progress on this stuff? I am eagerly anticipating this and im somewhat afraid itā€™ll die XD

If someone wants to get the ball rolling by asking an author or three for permission, please do! Iā€™ve been busy trying to get an update out, so I havenā€™t had a chance to write anyone but @HornHeadFan yet (who is too swamped with his own beta to have gotten back to me.)

Playbyweb.com is the best play-by-post site around, but of course Iā€™m biased because I do volunteer programming for them. :wink: But seriously, itā€™s specifically designed for online roleplaying and has many features to help with that.

Very similar are rpol.net and storycrafter.com.

1 Like

is it ok to watch the roleplays. i find other active RPs to be just as entertaining as watching TV.

Yes, many games are public, but even the private ones you can request to join and tell them you just want to be a lurker.