Otome Games

I was about to suggest blooming panic here too!!! I am obsessed with it, the convos with the bloomic fans on the server was the best. The flirting was not cringe at all. It made me feel giddy and i was smiling like an idiot through it all! AAAAaaa! I personally love Quest the most! He’s such a cutiepie :sob::heart_eyes: I love the OST too! i find myself opening the game just to listen to the OST. The VAs really nailed it :weary::raised_hands::sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you guys for suggesting Blooming Panic! That was such a gem to find. I couldn’t turn it off until I completed every route and now I’m suffering with grief. It’s too bad that there’s not many other titles like it except for MysticMessenger (which I really enjoyed a few years ago, but wow was my sleeping schedule a mess for a few weeks). Ahh well, here’s to hoping for a sequel or a similar otome.

If you haven’t given it a go, you totally have to!

8 Likes

Mystic Messenger was evil. EVIL, I tell you. Jumin Han I love you forever.

Ahem. Anyway, thanks for the heads up about the game jam, I’ll definitely be checking those out!

1 Like

Jumin! :joy: Bad story ending #2 is canon and I’ll never accept anything else. Dude was an insane Yandere for his cat. No problem, hopefully you like it!

Blooming Panic is really good! Thank you for recommending it~

2 Likes

Imperial Grace Demo is out. Might interest some of you O:

The sprite artist iirc is the same as the one in Made Marion (which is another rec if it hasn’t been rec’d already)

14 Likes

Blooming panic was actually really nice! Quest route I liked the best it felt better. There’s epilogue bits and running through all them,

The ??? Is xyx is he actually romance able??

From what I heard, they’re gonna make a game for him, separate from this one, so the epilogue is more like a teaser…? (Just what I read in the comment section)

1 Like

I’m a simple person. You post a demo with a character creator and I’m there faster than a speeding bullet <3

4 Likes

Interesting, thank you cause he’s looking hot…

I don’t know if these games have ever been mentioned, but I want to share my favorites.

Ok last two are adult erotica but
it has very good writing and story so i added here. :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Oh my god, The Red line… the only game to make have to take a break from steamy scenes (theres so much!)

1 Like

Cardinal Cross seemed to be rushed in the later chapters last I played, some CGs were still in their sketch version.

And Our Red String…the protagonist seems to be forced into a lot of things.

I’m actually playing rise of the white flower rn and you can really avoid the steamy encounters if you want, they aren’t bad but tbh the rest of the world building is just amazing (specially since it has a touch of D&D)

1 Like

I should throw in a recommendation for the Taisho x Alice series on Steam. There was a notoriously terrible translation of the first book some years back, but a new team picked it up and they did a fantastic job. It plays with a lot of otome tropes and expectations in really fun ways. I did skip the second volume because it veered a little too far into dark themes for me, but I’m a bit of a lightweight in that area.

8 Likes

Ooooh, i love evakiss! (our red string developer), Dave from GGGB is bae :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Which of the 3 first ones is better to start with?

Ohh, I’ve heard so much good about that game! :heart_eyes:

Does anyone know if there are any plans to port this to consoles or mobiles? I have a hard time getting into games when I play on the computer, especially slower, less gameplay based games.

1 Like

I played cardinal cross recently and i didn’t see any sketch version.
But i realized that artist change after episode 6 and some of the art of the end of the
game was less detailed. Other than that there was no problem and story was quite engaging.

Game gives quite a lot freedom to player to which path will go or not. I not sure what force situation you were talking about.

I know right. İ didn’t mention GGGB because that game more of a smut rather than story focus game like ORS.

Console is unlikely. But i think game has android version.

2 Likes

I just finished playing Love the Guard, Be the King on itch.io and it is so so sweet. If you’re into the ‘PrinceXGuard’ and ‘childhood friends to lovers’ tropes, then you’ll likely really like this. It’s a free work-in-progress that currently stands at 42k words, with beautiful black and white illustrations and soft Elf boys.

Definitely one to keep an eye on!

10 Likes