One thing that you would want to see in a Medieval fantasy game

There are many generic factors which are included in a medieval fantasy world from magic to romance. What is the one thing you would absolutely love in such a setting?

Writing a medieval setting game and looking for inputs. :relaxed:

12 Likes

A talking sword :crossed_swords:

18 Likes

I don’t know if this is quite what you’re looking for, but I like showcasing different relationships and attitudes between people of different classes, especially if the protagonist ends up in multiple social circles for one reason or another. I always enjoy a good noble and commoner best buds friendship. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Discovery. Learn about different culture or world (s). And maybe not being human (like a gnome, a halfling or a brownie).

6 Likes

Excellent Romance!

12 Likes

1.) management of castles, like daily activities. Interaction with subjects and being more involved.

20 Likes

My kind of setting!

Honestly, aside from godlike magic powers I’ve always had a penchant for architecture and fashion in fantasy worlds. Castles that reach into the sky, unassuming corridors that seem to lead nowhere (unless you have the magic pass), ballgowns that shed leaves like an autumn tree, modest soldier uniforms bearing the clear crest of their lord, the faded browns of a farmer’s lady, adorned only with lace to give her an air of nobility…

Can you tell I’m raving? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

These things give so much life to the world and the characters and I love it when an author gets creative with it.

7 Likes

Good fantasy I guess. Definitely in depth relationships and a world that makes me think.

6 Likes

Or dream ^^

4 Likes

100% this as well! I love a good fantasy that can make me daydream and wonder what-ifs.

1 Like

Live show executions were something common at that time right? :axe: :drop_of_blood:
And archery, you can never have too much archery. :cupid: :bow_and_arrow:

2 Likes

Totally. My first love with books was the Harry Potter saga. I was 7. And discovery this world made me love reading. Those books that make us dream are the best (I really like La quete d’Ewilan (Ewilan’s quest?) too).

2 Likes

Magic systems that have some kind of consistency are a must. But I do like a bit of nuance to interactions between people of different cultures and classes, it’s such a good vehicle for drama and character development and yet so often gets treated as a hamfisted black and white morality play.

Medieval fantasy is really such a broad category though, I’m not sure how useful suggestions can be unless you narrow this down a bit closer to the actual plot you have in mind.

7 Likes

Horses, i think they are very important for medieval games.

4 Likes

Romance is such a focus of all these games I really don’t think it needs to be said, but if you’re playing a noble it’d be nice to see something a little different, like maybe a semi realistic approach to medieval courtship. You know, like in GoT or Crusader Kings.

6 Likes

I wanna see archery but instead of AGI or DEX, it’s STR :angry:
After all, you need buff arms to pull that 40lbs warbow.

9 Likes

Romance! I am a sucker of great romances, especially medieval romances ( I liked Kingdoms : Embers In Ashes very much ) :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

I loved KEIA. Is that still going on?

WOW! I wasn’t expecting anything like this.
Something like this is pretty hard to be included in my game but will certainly look for the scope to implement this for a short duration may be.

Thanks for your input :heart:

I have planned for different factions and companion from them so I believe that covers what you are looking for.
Thank you for your input…