One thing that you would want to see in a Medieval fantasy game

The MC in my story is essentially human so may in some other game, I will consider this idea. Thanks for your opinion :heart:

1 Like

That goes without saying :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I haven’t planned going big something like castle management although as the MC is travelling and is an adventurer, there would be a Camp management mechanics involving team management, food, gold, weapons, horses and so on.

I hope that covers it. Thanks for your input :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I loved this idea!! I will definitely focus on the setting and details in some chapters I have planned. Thanks, this is exactly I was looking for :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Planning on that. Thanks for your input :relaxed:

Although, I agree with that but is that really something you would love in a medieval fantasy. lol

And yes, archery is obviously going to a part of medieval setting. :heart:

1 Like

I am looking for the sort of input you want to see in such a game.

Relationship based, mechanics based, setting based. Exactly the sort of input you provided. :heart:

Yes & Yes!!
I also included a loyalty stat for horses so cheers!!

1 Like

Being able to play as a healer, rather than a warrior. Most games force you to take lives far more often than saving them. It would be nice to have one that’s different or at least has that option.

In the same vein, it would be great to be able to resolve conflicts in the game peacefully. I get that it’s a medieval setting, and therefore brutal, but that’s what makes a peaceful solution feel more like an achievement.

6 Likes

Included simpler stat as archery which can be interpreted as concentration and practice you put into it. Thing is if you merge two or more stats for a single skill, it complicates things for the reader as well as for me.
Thanks for your input :heart:

1 Like

You could answer multiple posts by either pinging the user or quoting their posts, like so:
@Akkiestial

3 Likes

Lot to learn here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can’t think of any way I can implement a healer trait in my game. Although, there can be a diplomatic route the reader can take.
Thanks for your input :heart:

1 Like

Personally, I’d say don’t skimp on the fantasy aspect. When I read that genre, I’m looking for escapism and wonder, not ‘dragons are almost extinct, hardly anyone can use magic now, the elves are fading, all mythical creatures have hidden from the power of human society…’ and so on. Not that it’s impossible to write a good story with those factors, but it doesn’t spark much joy for me (unless maybe it’s quest to bring all the magic back and stomp humans down).

1 Like

Totally true, but I think you meant 140lbs bow, not 40, I shoot a 45lbs olympic bow and it’s far from being the max of my strength. I’m not trying to brag, I have kind of athletic build but not much and I’ve trained with a rubber band folded 4 times adding up maybe 90lbs - 110lbs, 45 for war sounds to me as a toy gun compared to a real one, and without subtracting the efficiency of modern materials and technology the war bow didn’t have.
I know there are 160lbs war bows, and maybe even more, but that’s just for war because you need to ideally penetrate armor and do the max range and damage you possibly can. For hunting a 40 / 60 lbs should be good enough, or even less depending on the game you want to kill (I’ve never went hunting so I can be wrong).
Though the strength should come form your back, not your arms :wink:

I mean, I know I use this example a lot but only in season one of Game Of Thrones there’s one execution that till this day I still remember it.
But I’ll be happy with just archery though :bow_and_arrow: :heartbeat:.

2 Likes

So if you are considering Romance as a sub-plot and it actually is in most medieval stories, I would suggest:

Summary
  • arranged marriages and the opportunity to have an affair and for both to be a Ro

• another possible Ro is a Spy

• our Knight who is too loyal to us to even think of us as an option

• if we can romance a commoner or servant which in medieval time is looked down upon if you area noble, also for our relationship with all the Ros to have an impact in the plot

I would also like to see

Summary

-I would like for our MC to have the choice to climb the ladder of nobles and be an important figure in court or the choice to be extremely wealthy and is already an important figure but there’s a possibility to fall if we make mistakes
-to be of royal heritage
-to be a commoner
-to be able to shape our MC personalities and have several choices to how we react
-Characters interaction I think to me and a lot of people this is important otherwise they just feel vague and blank

Is this it? or is their other kind of input you would like to see?

2 Likes

I get what you are saying but the issue with full-blown fantasy fiction is power dynamics and balance. Human lives at the bottom of the fantasy food chain. So, It would really suck to be a powerless human in such a setting.

I want to become a god for any race and still have a family

1 Like

Loved your ideas and yes, romance is certainly a sub plot in my game. I will certainly keep these ideas in my mind while developing sub-plot

I will just include enchanted bow. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like