Of Might and Men (WIP)

The Luftwaffe might be mentioned but your ship certainly will not be fighting any battles against them.

Engaging the Kriegsmarine on the other hand will be a vital turning point in the story, but I don’t want to give away too much.

5 Likes

I really love this game and it’s concept sad I can’t pick the race though​:sob::sob::sob:. Building up more of a backstory could be a good idea. Unless you already planned that for later.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

UPDATED: After two years, I have advanced. The introduction is fully fleshed out and done and is as I had originally hoped it would be. Polished. If you find dirt where there should be polish, let me know.

14 chapters, and one World War (number two, not one) to go.

14 Likes

Thanks to everyone who liked the topic and the update post. I really want to make sure I’m taking the writing style and flow of the story in a good balanced direction. Any feedback with regard to any of the additions (or the entire intro) would be invaluable!

2 Likes

Shut up and take my money!

3 Likes

Okay, I liked the general tone of the intro and am looking for more. Will the next chapter be where other attributes are introduced?

1 Like

Thank you! Do you mean statistics? That’s a portion where my creativity generally fizzles out. I’m not sure quite what would be useful ones to have, relevant to the story.

Or do you mean something more in depth like items and currency?

Well, it depends what kind of things are going to happen in the narrative. Currency is something that would matter to a teenage boy with his first real job, especially with little mentoring in fiscal responsibility. Is that something you want the char to deal with? If so, YES!

Or maybe, given the limited training for combat and high mortality rates in superiors, our char finds himself moving up into a leadership position (less likely if this takes place on ship). Then there is a challenge in how to handle different types of problems, some requiring leadership, some technical knowledge, some fitness, etc. If you want a player to have to deal with those things, then include those kinds of attributes.

So far, this reads as more a “story” than a “game,” so I’m not expecting a ton of rolls or stat checks, but I do always advocate taking advantage of both the medium and player expectations.

1 Like