Now That I Found You: A Treslanverse Story - Cyberpunk/High Fantasy/Carly Rae Jepsen References [Updated 9/4/20]

What’s popping forum, here’s my extremely stupid side-project my brain refused to shut up about until I made it happen. This is the first of several Treslanverse side-stories, oneshots in the same setting as Streets of Treslan. This one in particular is basically just all an elaborate setup for me to make Carly Rae Jepsen references.

Here’s the demo: https://dashingdon.com/play/drdolphinrider/now-that-i-found-you-a-treslanverse-side-story/mygame/

Changelog

9/4/20:

• Began the process of rebranding from “a Treslanverse side-story” to simply “a Treslanverse story”
  • Retconned “Energy” to “Glitter”. This change will also be showing up in my other Treslanverse games in their next updates.
  • Added Chapter 2, “And How’s It Gonna Be”.
  • Added entirely too many achievements.
    19/12/19:
  • Tossed the Irreverent/Solemn stat, since it wouldn’t have had many chances to come into play in my new vision for this story
  • Added chapter 1, introducing Julien
  • Added reputation achievements
    7/12/19:
  • Fixed a couple more minor bugs
  • Updated the coverart once again
  • Added Sunchaser’s scene, completing the prologue
  • Added option to skip beginning exposition
    27/11/19:
  • Fixed some minor bugs I doubt anyone noticed.
  • Added the new coverart, and added Fever and Pest’s portraits.
Old Coverart

It currently contains the majority of the prologue. An option to skip the beginning exposition will be added next update.

Fear not, Stab in the Dark is still alive and well; I just needed to get this concept out the door so I could focus.

34 Likes

Haven’t played (yet), but I like your cover art! The eyes are really nifty.

6 Likes

Thanks! I did that on my phone before I got my tablet (not to flex; I basically traced back then) and I plan to do an improved version of it with the next update.

4 Likes

Honestly, all other WIPs are cancelled.

7 Likes

I dunno why but the placeholder cover art reminds me of an '80s like poster :joy:

Anyways, the demo was great and im looking forward to the game.

3 Likes

i can’t be stopped.

2 Likes

That actually is what I was going for, and thanks!

3 Likes

I’m getting Shadowrun vibes from this

2 Likes

Huge inspiration for this. I actually first created my setting before I knew about Shadowrun, and there are significant differences, but I was going for that with this one.

3 Likes

I tried to google it but nothing came up. What is “Treslanverse”?

3 Likes

If I remember correctly, that just refers to the universe that the author created. As there is a “main” game called Stab in the Dark in the forums that is in the same universe as this one.

5 Likes

What @Isabella_Taylor said. It’s the term I’ve been using for the Streets of Treslan setting in discussions with friends, and it didn’t occur to me that I haven’t used it on the forums.

4 Likes

Little update, got around to redrawing the coverart and added Pest and Fever’s portraits. Fixed up a few minor bugs while I was at it.

4 Likes

CRJ hooked me in soo hard! Time to cut to the feeling and see if this is all that

3 Likes

Isn’t the vision that you wanted?

2 Likes

I am surprised this kind of species exists.

2 Likes

I was inspired by the Adventure Zone. They did it partly as a joke, but with DnD’s Hill and Mountain Dwarves, I just thought, why not make Beach Dwarves a real, canon thing here? So I did.

2 Likes

Update!

• Fixed a couple more minor bugs
  • Updated the coverart once again
  • Added Sunchaser’s first scene, completing the prologue
  • Added option to skip beginning exposition

This project’s become my primary focus for a while; I intend to enter this in the Jepcember game jam, so I’ll be working to get chapter 1 out this month. Once I do, I’ll revamp the Thrown Together prologue and get back to work on Stab. I have more ambition than can be concealed within this mortal vessel.

3 Likes

Update!

• Tossed the Irreverent/Solemn stat, since it wouldn’t have had many chances to come into play in my new vision for this story
  • Added chapter 1, introducing the first character from outside the team
  • Added reputation achievements

Chapter 2 is where something big’s going to happen, so hold on for that. I promise I’ll get it out before the end of the month.

4 Likes

Uh oh sisters! Two updates in rapid succession!

• Added the first (and possibly only) interlude, introducing a vital, major character.
  • Made some stuff in chapter 1 flow better, I think.

I’ve also now uploaded this game to the Jepcember jam, at last freeing me from the literal manacles that had physically manifested around my limbs and would not let me go until I did so.

I’m really quite proud of this interlude.

3 Likes