November 2023's Writer Support Thread

Thanks for kicking off the November thread!

In case anyone missed it, do check out my digest of October releases, updates, and new WIPs. I’m going to try to do this again for this month as it has been so positive the last two goes.

I’m aiming to do Chapter 6 of Honor Bound this month and do a couple of small tweaks to Chapter 4-5, and to respond to feedback from the limited beta test for the Royal Affairs expanded epilogue. I’ll be putting up Chapter 3 for people to play next week. I hope to do some work on an outline but there are some factors that make that a bit of an unknown; if I have time, I’ll start planning HB Chapter 7.

I am feeling a bit anxious today about how my in-progress work will be received once it’s finished because of the ways in which it diverges from what people have enjoyed previously. What I say to others who are experiencing this is something like “it would be soul-destroying to repeat the same thing forever, and whatever you’re making, the most important thing is that you’re enjoying it”. I will try to listen to my own advice.

18 Likes