November 2022's Writer Support Thread

I hope if some day I am popular here enough create a dedicated discord to people provide feedback each other and offering a integrating coding help, even courses to create headers and art for games.

but I hardly doubt it will happen soon as most people doesnt want talking or participating in events with me.

2 Likes

Oh, thank you so much! I do believe so; posting the link to my game was terrifying, but at the same time very, very good for me.

She really is!

I’m glad hearing that! I didn’t really think of it that way, so it’s nice to hear!

5 Likes

My job is expired the 31 October, it has a bitter sweet taste, more bitter than sweet.
Reorganising writing ideas, again…
Tried to wrote something here, it got out of hands, too much and too confused.
Still two projects: fantasy and superheroes, thinking about writing more series of stories without following the pre established continuity.
Thinking about Patreon, but I’m illiterate regarding technology and payment… and, more important I can’t promise constancy.

9 Likes

Going forward, please keep my “Writer Support” threads’s focus on support and writing.

Thank you.

4 Likes

I’m still hyped and ecstatic over releasing chapter nine last month, so I’d love to get chapter ten done this month! I’ve already started writing it and it’s all planned out, I think it’s going to be my favourite chapter yet. Of course the time when I feel all fuzzy and passionate about my writing again is during the busy university period, but we’ll have a go!

Hope everyone achieves their goals! Happy writing!

18 Likes

I’m only sort of happy with my prologue and chapter 1, it seems that every time I read them I find new things to edit/improve, so last month I decided to first write Chapter 2 before looking at the prologue again, and limit myself to only reworking parts of Chapter 1 so that I can actually make progress. Seems to be working well! :+1:

This month I hope to finish editing Chapter 1, make progress on Chapter 2, and release a demo :smiley:

14 Likes

Focusing on one thing or just let the chaotic thoughts flowing and write down as they come?

2 Likes

that depend…

if one thing is a work in progress than focus on that.

The rest are chaotic though that need to be reined in.

1 Like

The chaotic thoughts are 2 works in progress… in random and disconnected aspects/points

3 Likes

Write them down so that you don’t forget, then see how they connect with each other.

4 Likes

I finally finished chapter 1 and uploaded it, so November is off to a good start!! :smiley:

My goal for this month is to start and write 10,000(+) words of chapter 2, including editing and coding!

5 Likes

Sometimes, ideas are so strong that they must be put to paper.

Pursuing the projects after that point is where you utilize your writing “skills”.

This is another area that knowing your readers can be very helpful.

At the same time that you are having your first readers look at your new idea, your alpha or beta readers can be helping you with your existing projects.

7 Likes

So, here I completed my act one (I’m writing a linear story as the first draft, so there’s no alternate scenes, although I marked some spots where branching happens), and now I’m left thinking that a) there’s too much happening too fast, and b) my characters talk too much.

Too bad I love writing characters talking.

4 Likes

yeah, while it’s fun…it isn’t always good lol

A story can’t be just chit-chat. You have to build the world and tell the characters to start walking… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Honestly, same. I find writing out dialogue between characters and descriptions about scenes/characters much easier then writing actions. So when I go back and edit, sometimes it seems like too much dialogue and not enough action.

Also, I hope everyone is doing good on their goals so far! :blush: Remember to take breaks and don’t burn yourself out! :heart:

5 Likes

At least it’s more about exchanging story-relevant information and less about trash talking. I just wrote 1.5k scene of interviewing an eyewitness, for example.

(Okay, a part of it was a debriefing with the boss, but anyway.)

3 Likes

There are times when one has to follow our mind flow and writing that notes or random ideas.

Many famous writers used to go around with a notebook to write those spurs of inspiration. Maybe they will use those decades in the future.

Picasso had a say “Make sure that inspiration caught you working.”

3 Likes

I have my demo all set and ready to go, but I keep finding excuses not to post a thread about it. Did anyone else have jitters before posting up their first demo/WIP?

9 Likes

I’m in the exact same situation myself!

3 Likes

Yes; showing your work to the general public is hard to do.

Jitters is something many share in common.

6 Likes