December 2022's Writer's Support Thread

Welcome all to the support thread for December 2022.

:spiral_calendar:

:birthday: Happy Birthday to December babies.

Thank you, everyone who continues to participate in these threads – it helps others when you do participate, sometimes more than you think.

If anyone has specific questions or concerns I may help with, please let me know.

:open_book:

One important responsibility as writers that we have is to investigate how to improve.

With that in mind, here are a few articles that can help us go forward in our efforts to develop better writing habits:

It is wonderful to share everyone’s journey during the month; both highs and lows help each one of us realize that we are not alone in our journey.

If anyone has something special going on in December, kindly let us know!

My personal goals for December are: Complete my Patchworks project chapter I am on, and the chapter in another project I am working on.

25 Likes

November report:
Worked on Superheroes Project, wrote down various pages of notes
Here for thoose interested
Wrote a small chapter (to merge later??), 3 and half pages, 1 667 words. Waiting for readers response, I’ve the feeling that the first scene (four different people, in different places, waking and dressing simultaneosly) is a bit verbose.
Overall the project and character are taking shape. Bad news: the “year one” is still too much similar to CCH Trail By Fire.

December plans:
Continuing writing SP? Continuing planning It more? Return on Stories from Gaia and rewrite some characters? Continuing writing short stories character focused?

12 Likes

My goal for December: FINISH AND POST THE DAMN CHAPTER.

16 Likes

No goals, beside playing the Upcoming games. I mean we are in for a treat!

The passenger, that one with your Mom (Forgot the name lol), Fallen hero 2, Wayhaven…

How I’m supposed to think about WRITING when I’m busy PLAYING!?

Actually I do think about writing, but I just can’t bring myself to do so.

Though about revisiting an old project. Short and sweet and the setting are Horror.

But for the Life of me, I don’t know how to start it. Since it was supposed to be a Story, and not a game. But turning it into a game, make that beginning…impossible.

Guess back to ‘How do I split this again?’ :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Royal Affairs is in draft review at the moment, so while I wait for my notes I’m going let RA percolate a bit so that my eyes are more fresh when I return to it. I’m going to be doing some non-CoG game work, but also thinking a bit about potential future CoG projects (gasp!). When I get my notes I’ll be on revisions! Which I often love doing - we’ll see if that bears out this time.

This time of year can be especially tough or complicated for people for various reasons, so as ever I’m wishing everyone the best, but doubly so this month.

16 Likes

My goal is to maybe possibly complete the draft I started last month, or at least the next part of it.

(I also have a new supervillain to sort out, but eh.)

11 Likes

My only goal is to actually write, because I know this is a terrible time to push myself too hard and set goals I may not live up to. I need to rest my head. But I really hope that I can at least find inspiration for my stories. I’m starting to feel genuinely serene, so I have hopes.

13 Likes

With university in its heavy assignment period, I know I won’t get another big chapter update out for the rest of 2022, but I’ve been getting lots of writing done as a whole which I love! Alongside that, I just released an announcement of exciting stuff on my Patreon which is fun which is what writing is supposed to be.

11 Likes

If the holidays allow it I’ll do even more proofreading for Unnatural Season 2 (the beta version where you can import saves from Season 1) and start worldbuilding for that WiP I’ve wanted to rewrite for a couple of years now.

7 Likes

You may wanna put that on your calendar, ahead of time!

2023: Start Worldbuilding for the WIP I wish I had time to start on!

(Must do: I’m booked peoples!)

(Optional: Kick the Guilt and pamper yourself instead)

4 Likes

Plans for 2023: Procrastinating until 2024 :wink:

6 Likes

that better means you are somewhere where you are being lazy, getting some Sun or something!

2 Likes

I am searching for someone to write a small winter’s soltice story for kids. I think it could be fun!

3 Likes

Good luck, Mara! Wish I could help, but I couldn’t write a winter solstice story to save my life.

Sidenote, I’m making some cover image sketches

This is partial, but I kinda like it.

7 Likes

Damn…thats pretty good!

Look, an artist hiding in plain sight! :wink:

1 Like

I love the art!

Don’t get too excited, I can’t do squat without a heavy amount of references.

1 Like

Happy December,

Goal this month:

o Pass classes.
o Finish Chapter 2 and update near Christmas.
o Pass a friggin board exam that has been draining me soul for weeks.

Everyone stay strong and write! :rose:

13 Likes

I’m… struggling to come to terms with the idea that there is only one month left in 2022 but I guess I’m just gonna roll with it.

So. December goals:

• Edit and publish Chapter Seven of FoA
  • Outline and begin chapter eight (hopefully at least 15,000 words)
  • Keep going on Diaspora, and write something for it most days.

I think this should be manageable. I’m editing probably too many words a day in an attempt to get FoA’s latest chapter in a fit state for other people’s eyes, but fingers crossed it’s worth it.

Someday, Diaspora will be finished. Someday.

Good luck this month, everyone.

14 Likes

My goal for December is finish the chapter I’m working on and put out a playable demo. I’m super excited about some of the up coming scenes. But I have exams coming up, so hopefully that won’t keep me from finishing, but it should be doable.

9 Likes