Notes on Choice of the Dragon

Is there any way to keep the magic sheild at the beginning from being crushed? I doubt it, but is there?

4 Likes

No. They actually have the source code for the first chapter available for example purposes, and there isn’t even a page written for getting away with the shield.

4 Likes

Actually, I have gotten a mate many times.

Finding a mate means being savvy, figuring out what your mate likes, and going for it. If you’re brutal, look for a dragon who likes brutality and show yours off.

4 Likes

Finding a mate means having absurd amounts of points dumped into one of those stats to begin with. If you aren’t heavily min-maxed, you just don’t have any options at all.

4 Likes

Try bribing the luck dragon.

Other than that, yeah, the game doesn’t give many points for being middle-of-the-road.

4 Likes

yea to get a mate you have to be prepared to sacrifice what you want to do from the start even if you manage to get one she/he just goes to sleep. :X (:expressionless:

4 Likes

I think there should be a sequel cause at the end it has u thinking on what ur plans will be when u come back after sleeping. And the mate thing sucks about how right after u get them in the next scene their asleep

4 Likes

I think there is a plan for a sequel, it’s just not coming out any time soon at all. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Also, I agree that it’s annoying that the mate goes to sleep immediately, and then never really influences the course of the game ever again. This was the first Choice of Game game, so it has flaws like that.

4 Likes

And let’s hope that there will be more kingdom conquering

Aye! And more powerful minions to send out, those goblins are completely useless, they can’t even protect my preciousssss gold.
Something like…that demon I ate would be cool :smiley:

yea I agree there ought to be a sequel or a new game with a very similar plot

4 Likes

if you want to talk about plot ideas for a similar game go to Plot ideas I created it for this very conversation.

4 Likes

I’ve heard nothing about a sequel to CoD. Vampire, Affairs, and some new stuff are all in the pipeline, so Dragon would be way at the back of the bus.

4 Likes

Well, Dragon did end with a cliffhanger and that sort of things signals an intention to continue.

Also if you read some of the old blog entries, there was one time and it indicated that they were thinking of doing Dragon 2.

4 Likes

Yeah. It’s more a matter of how few games the CoG people are making AT ALL right now, and the fact that they have a busload of other stuff on their plate too (Affairs 3, Vampire 2, and I also heard Jason talking about Choice of Zombies and Rise of the Powereds). Dragon 2 would be behind all of that.

4 Likes

I’ve tried making my own game once or twice, and I found it extremely difficult, and that’s supposed to be the simple version (maybe I just don’t get computers).
So I find it a bit uncooperative of some people to keep pushing at the CoG designers to hurry up and put more games up, it’s not an easy task, and I respect them for taking the time to work on this.

Anyway, if they do, in the long run make CoD2 I would be extremely happy and it would be satisfying to continue (plus any games produced by them is going to be worth playing :D)
However, for now I’m quite amazed at the high quality games produced by players.

4 Likes

I liked the game, but I wish I could become an honorable character instead of being forced to make brutal decisions all the time.

5 Likes

Forget about getting a mate. It just hibernates and doesn’t impact the story in any way.

4 Likes

Hey guys, I read that a lot of you guys had trouble to find a mate. Let me help:

4 Likes