Notes From The Underground--TINY WIP (Updated 1/28/17)

Good point about the caltrops (horses aren’t really my area of expertise). I’ll make a note of that.

That…is actually a fantastic idea. I may try to implement it.

1 Like

Thanks for the supportive comments,everyone. I really appreciate your encouragement. Don’t worry, I’ll finish this game if it kills me.

I also appreciate your patience with the gender error, and I’ll post a fixed version ASAP.
In answer to the other questions/comments:

1. There will be romance options. The captive/narrator will be one of the options (expect a lot of snark in that path). Romance options will disregard gender, so there will be lesbian romances.

2. Dashingdon, thanks for fixing the gender selection error. I appreciate it.

3. Ancient Rome is one of my favorite historical settings, and I’ve studied Roman history fairly extensively, so it seemed like a natural choice. (I tried Arthurian England in early draft, but I didn’t know enough about it to make it stick. :stuck_out_tongue: )

4. The idea of scars as penalties is a good one–thanks, Harley_Robin—and I’ll try to implement it in the next update.

5. The point about the caltrops will be taken into account in the next update. Thanks for bringing it up.

6. As the game expands, the morality path will be more fully implemented (your interaction with your captive as a monster is a tiny part of that), so you will get the option to be a hero or anti-hero as well as a villain.

9 Likes

One option that would be cool if we have claws and fangs is to fight using those natural weapons. Who needs a dagger when my claws can rip and tear and slice just as easily?

1 Like

Omg! I love political games and this one has a touch of it. Not too many COG’s have you playing as a villian or underminer- this is good stuff. Look forward to seeing some more progress!! Cheers and good luck!

Good idea. Working that into the update right now, actually.

I went with the “hideous monster” path because it sounded super cool (and it was), picked the ruined keep as my lair and got the following message:

startup line 279: Non-existent variable ‘charisma’

I really like this concept. Feels like playing the Beast in Beauty and the Beast :slight_smile: So, is the narrator there the beauty? XD No, but seriously, can’t wait for more.

1 Like

Did a playthrough (only one, though it crashed a few times so I saw a few branches), and took notes:

• I like the perspective, the first person threw me for a bit until the narrator met me.

• That said, it doesn’t seem to stick. “The three items lay before you” scene feels more standard.

• On that page, I chose “A curved dagger”, and got the error “startup line 95: bad label knight”

• I know what those three items will do because I read the thread, but coming into the game blind it’d be odd
    to make such an important choice with little/no idea where it’d lead.

• “thin, flexible frame with impossibly long limbs” choice lead me to a sentence that read
    “In these respects, you’re very much like the But unlike the others” - guessing there’s an unset variable around there.

• “a ruined keep. It contains some old books…” gave me an error: “startup line 279: Non-existent variable ‘charisma’.”
    I mean, I know I’m ugly but the game doesn’t have to rub it in :wink:

I chose male, slave doctor, and monster potion, if that helps. Liking it so far, looking forward to more!

I get this bug every time I choose a weapon for monster path.

Flag a post if it’s against the rules as opposed to tagging all of the moderators.

I’ll admit I’m a little relaxed if it’s a post that actually contains valuable feedback, like a bug report.

Still it’s been over a month since the author posted on this topic so I’ll lock it.

Please do not post in WiPs that have not been active recently. If the author would like this reopened, PM one of the moderators and we’ll be happy to.