Not sure? (Questions that need answering)

Ok guys. First of all, I have two ideas for a game. I also have 4 questions.

1. Should I write a little in Choicescript or just give a description about the game? On one hand, I want to give a little taste of the action, but on the other hand, I want to share the ideas with you guys first, without wasting several hours (or days) of code, if you guys dont like a certain element.
  2. If I am under 18, what are the guidelines? I know I read somewhere that you are allowed to write under 18, as long as you had a parental signature?
  3. Should I wait until I am under contract to pay a WIP or still pay one if, or when I get a contract beforehand?
  4. Lastly, is it possible to post two games at the same time? Like actually release two games under hosted/choice of games?
    Thank you for the wonderful advice previously.

I’ll answer the first one. I think it’s better to post something when you have the prologue and one or two chapters. That way you give people a good idea of what you’re going for and you can change things based on feedback if you choose. You wouldn’t be too far into the story so it shouldn’t be that hard to do so.

2 Likes
  1. Write up a demo so the readers have more detailed feedback than the idea is good or bad (very few concepts are “bad” or riddled with plot holes, but demos could have typos, wrong pronouns and the like).
  2. https://www.choiceofgames.com/looking-for-writers/
    Yes, you need a signature of parent.
  3. I don’t understand the question, but refer to the guidelines above. If you want to be in the COG label, submit a CV first. For hosted games, Write the game first. You get paid royalties and for complete games. You don’t have to pay COG unless you want to use their code for commercial products without going through the hosted/COG game process. https://www.choiceofgames.com/looking-for-writers/write-a-hosted-game/
  4. Yes. But, I would advise you to focus on one game at a time. If you write a good hosted game, you can be invited to the COG label.
2 Likes