"Nikola Tesla: War of the Currents"—Rewrite the shocking history of electricity!

I think there was an option to write you love him? It’s been a long time since I played the demo.

1 Like

When i tried the game the first thing i did was try to romance Tesla because there were options to “flirt” with him but it doesn’t end with something in a romantic inclination we just end up being friends. I wish I could flirted with the witty Mark Twain. Also I really like having Character Portraits, i think the art is similar to Revolution Diabolique. In the end reading it was wild. it has it ups and downs, i kinda wish there was an epilogue on especially how his inventions affected the world. overall giving it a 3.5 out of 5 coffee mugs cuz i cant romance Tesla.

P.s also i love how appropriate the game release is when the series such as HBO Gilded Age and Netflixs Bridgerton is being released and the MET gala theme was literally the Gilded Age.

5 Likes

Who are the ROs in this game? I know there’s Marion but who else?

3 Likes

Well, Tesla and my Henry were two of a kind, passionate scientists and inventors to the core. Henry was aromantic and asexual as well, so there was a great deal of resonance with his beloved mentor and friend.

Despite the counsel to step out of Tesla’s shadow, Henry remained the loyal assistant of Tesla to the very end, especially in the ending where they successfully contacted extraterrestrial life. Henry chose to go with Tesla in accompanying the extraterrestrials on this cosmic journey. As he noted, Tesla is his only link to Earth, and so Henry stands ever steadfast and devoted in this eternal odyssey alongside his teacher.

6 Likes

Is there a guide on how to Romance Marion
I’m struggling with getting her approval percentage up

2 Likes

This has been such an AMAZING game and I’ve been on a CoG binge lately. Very well written, all endings have a sense of finality (in a good way, as they all feel like their own stories). The setting/world creation is great and all characters feel very involved, I love it.

I do wanna know how many endings we can potentially get though? I know we have the four main ones (the four big inventions) but do we have any failure endings or hidden endings? Usually I check the Achievements tab but all achievements are hidden so unsure.

5 Likes

So far I only have one complaint: When you’re romancing Marion Edison, it constantly refers to her as ‘Edison’ and it’s very disconcerting to constantly get things like ‘wake up with yours arms around Edison’ in a game that heavily features Thomas Edison.

16 Likes

I do have to admit that when I read that, my eyebrows rose, and my first thoughts were: So, that’s why you didn’t approve, Tom. You wanted me for yourself.

8 Likes

Sounds like a feature, not a bug :smiley:

2 Likes

I’d say my first playthrough was a failure, as it resulted in me getting killed by that so-called poet/spy. It seems to me, that certain things can interfere with your discoveries if you don’t play your cards right. Therefore, I’d say yes. I think there might be quite a few ways to fail. In another one of my Playthroughs, our lab was set ablaze simply because people apparently doesn’t appreciate free electricity. That one really pissed me off, so I turned the tables on them in yet another playthrough, sending them scampering off like rats. I just wish that force wasn’t necessary and that I could save our lab and provide them with free electricity at the same time.

3 Likes

Kinda tempted to try to see how many ways I can possibly die haha and how much I can sabotage Tesla.

Also if you leave Westinghouse before the Niagara project ends, like the letter tells you to, they won’t burn your lab down I think

2 Likes

I speculate that if you hand over the German spy to the US government the government can protect your lab from rioters but I’m not sure what’s proven yet. Also as a non-native Spanish speaker I sometimes have to investigate the phrase that confuses me to see if it is a literal phrase or a phrase that refers to something in an abstract way like “Break a leg”. The point is that this confusion caused me to assassinate the German spy when I thought the option to push him over the fence was a way of saying to discreetly push him into a confession to record it but it was my surprise when I assassinated him.

I also believe that the election of Teddy Roosevelt would have been a good resource for history since said president, despite being a Republican, was opposed to monopolies and corporate control over American society, so his administration was characterized by promoting private initiative as combat corporate monopolies, mainly J.P Morgan, as well as the creation of a quality department for the products offered by corporations to customers in the market. In conclusion, the Roosevelt government would have been a good narrative resource to receive other types of support and even as independent businessmen having financed his re-election campaign in 1905 but still the story is good in my opinion and I congratulate the author for making such a great story. But with a somewhat confusing and brief epilogue.

This was so good! My ending was so bitter sweet and I was crying the whole time! This was so nicely written and very informative as well! I’m not entirely aware of the history of electricity so I was doing research while reading this to see where reality begins and fiction ends. I was suddenly so interested! Thank you for writing this! It’s great!

7 Likes

Ending spoiler read at ur own risk

when i was dying i told tesla “i loved you you know” and he responded with an i know and i’m not sure if I succeeded in the romance or not lol, but i was still crying my heart out because of special bond/friendship tesla and my mc had :weary: it was tbh just so beautiful! Just him reciprocating the care was good enough

5 Likes

So far, I like the newspaper article about cutting work days down to a shocking eight hours, le gasp!

Edit: May have ruined chances with Marion by punching Edison but you know what, it was worth it.

5 Likes

This was such a joy to play I had to create an account just to say “wow, this was such a joy to play”.

This also probably had some of the hardest choices, real stressful choices and then I saw in the thanks “new comrades at ZA/UM” and that explains everything. The hard choices, the fact that I would die for Tesla and I would do anything to make him happy…Just, amazing.

5 Likes

Overall I very much enjoyed this game. Well crafted, sticking to the established lore of sorts with history, and it wasn’t too bland.

Though the thing I will say that was lack luster for me atleast were the endings, felt like there could have been more written and established there.

In short: 4/5 for me.

5 Likes

I felt that a good epilogue was missing that explains the consequences of our inventions beyond what the New York Times explains the day after the conclusion of our project at least 10 or 20 years in the future.

3 Likes

Overall a brilliant story. Very well written - the characters were the main hook for me. I can’t say I knew much about this area of history, and it led me down little tangents of research I’ve enjoyed learning.

Some of the choices really tested me. I’m going to have to do multiple play-throughs for sure.Initially I didn’t let Tesla go see his mother. That scene on the Ferris wheel destroyed my heart so much I instantly restarted the play-through to right my wrong. Only critque - I felt the epilogue didn’t really explain the potential massive changes your last decisions can make? The build up was very dramatic and I loved the character moments in the finale, but I was left questioning the future implications of what happened. For reference, we succeeded in making free electricity and escaping through the tunnels, at the cost of the tower burning.

Regardless a brilliant story I’m going to be coming back to frequently.

4 Likes

Well, if the creator wishes, he can add an expansion to the story to enjoy more of its narrative moments or extrapolate other events from the historical context. For example adding a longer epilogue or in my opinion the re-election of Teddy Roosevelt was good narrative material for the story of Nikola Tesla (especially in the part where J.P Morgan tries to take the company from George Westinghouse since this president was fighting against corporate monopolies and one of the personalities who opposed his anti-monopoly policy was precisely J.P Morgan)

1 Like