New Writer Looking for Ideas

Hi. I’m a new writer, and I’m looking for ideas for a choice-script game which I’d eventually like to be published by Hosted Games.

Though I don’t know much about what I want for a plot; there are two perks which I want to pay special attention to in my game: customization and world-building. It’s the little things that make the game.

I’d like your opinion on two things at the moment. What things to include in customisation, and what kind of story to write. I’m very open-minded. Feel free to suggest anything you’d like to on these subjects.

If I choose your story idea, or your customization idea, which is unique enough; I’ll credit you for the idea in a “credits” choice at the beginning and end of the game.

To make sure nobody steals your idea, please contact me via email. cultureunitedstates AT gmail DOT com.

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Counter intuitive logic time.

DON’T listen to what other people want for a story. Rather, just write what feels right to you and works for you.

A lot of people say that you should emulate successful writers like you do successful people. This is misguided. First, that story already exists, so why make it again? Second, the people are successful at that story have a lot more experience than you do at it.

If you just copy what other people do or listen to too many ideas on what you should be doing, you don’t develop your own style. Just write what feels right to you and let it come naturally. Otherwise you end up doing a second rate version of something that already exists, when if you just let things develop naturally(Not an overnight process, by any means) you could have had a first rate version of something of your own design.

11 Likes

You make a fair point. In fact, since I’ve posted this, I’ve already come up with a few ideas. Thanks for the insight!

1 Like

A good way to come up with ideas is to get in a chat with some of the nice people around here and just toss stuff back and forth. As mentioned above, right what feels right.
Heck, even I would chat about it. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you got Discord, so that we may chat conveniently? I’m AT SamualJennings HASHTAG 5987.

As a writer, I always find other people’ opinions end up spoiling the story, like the saying “Too many cooks spoil the broth.” . I think its best if you just diverse yourself in your own world, attach yourself to one character and expand them. When I read, I love a character that sticks to their personality, readers can actually feel what the characters feel. If you can’t think of anything, relax yourself for a while, deadlines kill ideas. Give yourself a broad space, many authors took years to plan a diverse world. personally, i think its not being published on Hosted Game that counts, sure, its rewarding, but the true reward is the fun you had when you were in the world. If you really want ideas, send me a forum mail about what the genre is, give me a brief starter, I can kickstart the story a bit. Other than that, I do not recommend you asking other people for ideas, be yourself!

1 Like