New Omnibus "Choice of Games" app

The restore purchases is, unfortunately, #3 on our list of priorities there. And it’s going to be a bear to implement. But yes, it’s on the short list.

3 Likes

I get an error ReferenceError can’t find variable when opening the game Psy High.

1 Like

Can you give us exact steps to repro the bug?

The bugs just appear randomly when opening any pages.

1 Like

So I typed in “app store choice of games” into Google, and the first result was this page (see below).
It shows a list of app bundles.
I can’t help but wonder if this is why Apple was saying that the offerings were “too similar”?
If I’m totally off base, I think it’s at least good to rule out this possibility.

2 Likes
10 Likes

Oh this app was so useful now my phone is a lot less cluttered. I did the restore purchases on each game in the app then deleted the old apps after restoring. :heart_eyes: no more swarming through 12 pages of apps to find my game!
(Yea I have 12 pages of apps on my phone)
all these companies creating omnibus apps are gonna make my phone so much more manageable
Edit: now I just gotta wait for the same restore capability on the other app.

3 Likes

I have so many gigs on my phone so I just have all the former apps I have on their XD
I’ve spent so much money on CS games I have 3 pages of them on my phone😍

5 Likes

Hmmm, I know this sounds a bit silly but… I can’t keep track of which apps I’ve already purchased and which I haven’t in the omnibus apps - I’ve purchased quite a lot of apps and it is easy to keep track when their all displayed as individual apps.
Could there be a small sign on the games in the omnibus (for both HG and COG) to distinguish which have already been purchased and not purchased.

Other than that, it’s quite a useful app.

5 Likes

I know this is incredibly minor but would you guys consider renaming the display name (name that appears on the home screen) to “COG” or something similar? I like keeping my home screen tidy and it looks really messy when the app name is displayed as “ChoiceOfGa…”. Not very professional-looking either, as most devs take the time to take sure the name of their app is fully visible.

Other than that there’s a lot of work to be done on the app. Most important thing for me is that my purchased games should be in a separate tab from everything else. I really shouldn’t have to scroll through a list of what are essentially advertisements to get to what I want to read. And with more games getting added, this problem is only going to get worse with time.

I’d also much prefer an option for a list view instead of the card-like view the app currently has. You can keep the current view as default if you want but it looks pretty ugly and cluttered to me, and it takes up far too much space. And this is another problem that will get worse with time. I can’t imagine having to scroll through 50 of those cards to get to my game every time I open the app.

There’s a lot more minor changes that could also be made but those are the big problems. Fix those two issues and usability would improve massively.

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. We’re working on it. It’s not finished.

3 Likes

Current priority list:

• Live-update of IAPs, so we can release games without forcing you to download a hard update from Apple.
  • Notifications (for new releases)
  • “baby search”, allowing a basic search within the omnibus for a game.
  • Add the back catalog to the omnibuses
  • Beautification / UX redesign (we have a proposal in-hand, but priorities)
10 Likes

Does it need WiFi connection

1 Like

No.

(20 characters.)

2 Likes

As I stated in the HG Omnibus thread:

There are new Apple rules posted:

So, this new rule will stop Omnibus purchases of new titles in the Choice of Games catalog or for people even to browse what is not already owned?

I do not understand how these new rules will allow people to buy new releases on an Apple phone.

Edit: The answer is provided here:

Thank you for clarifying this for us tech-challenged people.

1 Like

:open_mouth: Honestly it’s stuff like this that makes me look down on apple users. Why people pay so much more than for an android phone for service like this an in my opinion a much inferior product. Sorry if that was a bit ranty/off topic, but apple and it’s unwarranted popularity really pisses me off. It also seems unfair as I assume if the omnibus apps come to android these rules wont apply. I mean I guess that’s partly apple users fault for buying apple, but still :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

Well I don’t know about you, but this ad totally convinced me to throw away my foggy, overcast day android and buy a shiny sunny iphone the same day. (j/k- Apparently apple has fantastic advertising (this must have been the exception to that rule?) and a large amount of brand loyalty. Each to their own, each type of phone has their pros and cons :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

As a temporally lucid rouge iphone user were pulled in by the shiny phone and amazing advertisements then the hooks of contracts enslave us till were willing loyal drooling slaves to the money vampires their tech…sup…support…is absolutely wonderful i love my iphone its perfect in every way far supirior to those cursed android users and those lost souls wandering away from the apple mother dome…:grin: love the apple :crazy_face:

irony is i absolutely hate mac despite my slavery to my iphone Gasp this must be why im not fully a drone of Apple! My Pc love saves me :joy:

1 Like

Apple has always had very clever advertising (with the exception of a few add campaigns like the one above.) That’s how they originally managed to get a foothold in against IBM. (And now compete against android even though they’re more expensive in general than the average android phone.) Marvel in amazement at the first Mac to ever be unveiled :grin:

2 Likes

Hi, lately whenever I try to enter omnibus app, the app freezes at logo and my whole phone becomes unresponsive. I tried to make the phone sleep and unsleep again, and the phone will stay in black screen even when I tried pushing the sleep button again and again. And before my phone becomes responsive again, the phone screen flashes a few times. This only happens with Choice of games omnibus app, and I saw a review in App Store who seems to have the same problem as me. I’m using an iPhone 8 Plus running iOS 11.4. The omnibus version is 1.1.4.

1 Like