New Hosted Game! "The War for the West" by Lucas Zaper

Yo need to discuss the letter with all of your adivisors

I’ve been trying to get every achievement, and I’ve gotten all but one. Anybody figure out how to get Away From It All?

I feel like it has to do with dying at the tower, and the conversation with Wyneva. But all I can figure out is how to pretend it was a lie, the other choices seem to confirm my death. I’ve been trying to figure this out for longer than I’d like to admit.

1 Like

This is an awesome game, congratulations. I’ve really enjoyed it.

Here are a few bugs I’ve spotted and I hope that pointing them out will be helpful.

When I spoke to the quartermaster about repairing the roads to the southern mining town and then decided not to do it I got an immediate notification that the work had been completed.

When I chose a 300 auren wedding ceremony it said it would take place in 10 days but it was available immediately.

After the battle in Boglan the game always tells me that my full number of troops have survived, though I think some turn out to have died when I check my military in the stats menu.

When I had no spouse I was told that “none” said goodbye before I set off for the summit and in the part where the spouse is held hostage Jenneth spoke about rescuing “none.” Something similar happened when I aborted the Sieclner lord’s child and later got an option to ask the people to swear fealty to “none”.

At one point I was given an option to consult Meybuk in the dungeons even though I’d previously exiled him.

I can’t remember all the specifics but I have seen characters reappear later when they’d died in the battle with the Abyssal Spawn.

Anyway, hope this doesn’t sound too picky because the game is great.

4 Likes

But how do you go back in time??

1 Like

The abyssal sword seems radioactive. Will it not disappear after some time or gradually reduce its size? What is its half life? Also there is an unexplained anomaly that when I give the abyssal spawn for research at the alchemy guild. There is an explosion. Is that explosion done by the church( defacto aliens) or is there something biological and chemical related to the body of the alien?

1 Like

Given the complex math for calculating half lives? I can safely say you’ll be long dead before that thing is safe, never mind gone.

1 Like

@GrimReaperJr1232 but even if it disappears after a long time. There will be noticeable changes in the size of the sword. (Most radioactive elements on earth have half lives between 12-21 years- meaning their size/ amount of substance left becomes half its original). What about that second part?

1 Like

You need to have 61+ knowledge or at least 50 Social. There’s also a way to stay alive if you choose the right gear and options before that(and have enough Combat)

You can achieve this while talking to Wyneva. While trying to convince her to sing for you, you can argue “We have seen each other’s naked bodies. There is little to hide.” and it goes on from there.

It’s a bit hard to achieve this, but if you compliment her from that point, there should be an option saying “I have to deal with the expectations of others as well on a daily basis. They want my time, my attention, my aurens, whatever they can get from me. It is incredibly tiresome.” and then the options leading to the achievement should be quite straightforward.

@logical-bob Thank you! Your reports are really helpful. I’ll be fixing those errors in the next update.

You’ll have to die at the Summit and then you need either more than 60 Knowledge or at least 50 Social.

6 Likes

If you try to revive the demon, then yes…the church will cause the explosion in order to stop the demon from causing trouble. You need to remember that no one actually knows that they are doing the bidding of the demons.

Since I am not the writer, i may be wrong.

2 Likes

I keep getting stuck in the stats screen. Is there a fix?
Thanks

1 Like

Stuck? Stuck how?

1 Like

The back button disappears leaving me trapped on the stats page. Almost like it has replicated itself onto main page

Oh and it’s says something like 'game updated restarting chapter. It’s happened on all 3 playthroughs causing me to press the restart option

Is there any way to join the Triple Chalice and still romance Jenneth?

Considering the outcomes of that that I’ve seen? I think I can firmly say no

1 Like

Where exactly is our province’s capital and castle located?. It’s not King’s End is it?.

I presume somewhere in the middle since it takes a couple of days to reach to the village that was raided

1 Like

@MahatmaDagon, loved the game! Finished it too early because of the “through backdoor” event. When I learned about the thousands of falling stars landing in the west, i felt like the game had the sunset invasion dlc of crusader kings 2 activated. Can’t wait for the sequel!

3 Likes

I have a question about Noyedas

Are both the MC and Noyedas blood related? Since both of them are releted to the last royal family with the MC direct relative to them from there mother side?

@Shadowshot25 Sorry about the bug that was getting you stuck there. Other people had the same problem, but I think it’s working fine since the last update a couple of days ago.

@VelvetDivine Not exactly, but I think it might be possible “off-screen” until the sequel comes out, if we consider the implications of this particular game state. I still have to think how that particular dynamic can play out in the long term, but my initial impression is that it might be interesting to write about the MC and Jenneth as members of the Triple Chalice and lovers, scheming the hell out of everyone and maybe each other.

No, that’s just a port town. The capital is located near the middle, as 12066021 said.

Also, good to know you enjoyed the game! Will be working full time on it this month, will probably create a thread for it eventually, even if it is just to show some content and discuss a few things with the players.

@Legend_Dragon12 They are, and that is why he has prophetic dreams too! You can find the family tree in a certain interaction with Meybuk, but here it is for your convenience:

Summary

9 Likes