New Hosted Game! "Relics 2: The Crusader's Tomb"—Adventure, archaeology and a deadly race for glory

You’re very close with your Gunplay, if you’re aiming to take the sniper shot. That’s an unusually difficult check though, since the shot is so difficult!

4 Likes

I have been waiting for this sequel for sooooo lonnnnnng (breathing erratically)…Well truthfully this game came sooner than expected and thank you @Schliemannsghost for this very early Christmas gift.

2 Likes

I am SO happy that my favorite game’s sequel has finally released! Congrats and love that so much! :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

Though I’d just like to ask the staff (or anyone
in charge who’s got the answer :point_right:t2::point_left:t2:) if there are regions this game is unavailable? Currently staring @ it in the Google Playstore here in the Philippines rn and it says it’s not available (and I am PC/Steam illiterate so I’ve been lying here despondently :pleading_face::pensive:).

Anyways thanks, and hopefully looking forward to playing! :3

2 Likes

Oh, this is harsh. Do you also have Steam, and, if so, is it also unavailable there?

2 Likes

I don’t have Steam, but it IS available there-- the problem is the platform :pensive: (from what i know, its PC based and mine is currently whacked so even if I did buy via phone, I wouldn’t be able to play) Thanks for the suggestion tho!

2 Likes

No, no, I wasnt suggesting you got it on Steam instead - this was just a way to see if it was an overall region lock, which apparently it isn’t, since it’s available on Steam. It’s just a way to see if we can identofy the problem by narrowing down the possibilities.

2 Likes

Ohhhh! I didn’t know that! I really learn something new every day :sparkling_heart: But yeah, guess i’ll just wait here then :v::joy_cat:

2 Likes

I’ve been holding off on the Relics 3 demo until playing this finished game. So excited until i started and realized I didn’t have a save to continue from. Now I’ll have to replay the first one (I know, I have a hard life.) At the rate @Schliemannsghost writes he’ll be finished with 3 before I get to it.

5 Likes

I’ve just heard that COG don’t sell any of their games as standalones in the Philippines. Guess it’ll only be available via the Omnibus (or, apparently, Steam).

6 Likes

@Schliemannsghost just got the game and i’m really loving it this series is definitely becoming one of my favorites, i was just wondering any chance you can share the answer to the final puzzle that ones really giving me trouble and i don’t wanna let my companion do it.

1 Like

Love this game and how the author pays attention to some details but some points I’d like to point out as a Chinese person:

In Zhu’s Venice mission, he mentions that the communists will likely take over or something along the lines. This is not the case in 1938 when the game is set. The communists only just went through the Long March in 1935, losing a majority of their forces in the process. While the communists retained a majority of rural influence, there is no way for Zhu (considering he isn’t a communist himself) to make the claim that the communists will take over.
Also, the Juntong aka the Bureau of Investigation and Statistics, was formed in August 1938. While I don’t think it is entirely unreasonable for Zhu to namedrop the term Juntong, it is somewhat bizarre for Zhu to mention Juntong considering the term was fairly new and Zhu was living in the States for a while.

Obviously it doesn’t stop the game from being a nice read, but just my two cents.

6 Likes

Thanks for this, I’m glad you’re enjoying it, and thanks for the details in the spoilered section!

For Juntong, I confess that I found it difficult, as someone who doesn’t read the language, to keep track of Chiang’s bureaucratic apparatus in this period. According to my main source (F. Wakeman’s book Spymaster: Dai Li and the Chinese Secret Service, page 42), Juntong was founded on April 1, 1932. I just also checked Wikipedia, for what that’s worth, which has Juntong’s formation date as 1927! Of course, they could both be wrong. But if either of them is right, then it’s not such a new organization in 1938, and Zhu would certainly have encountered it back when he was in China.

@tbs9090 do you mean the last Canterbury organ puzzle? If you do, the answer is defaced .

4 Likes

Regarding Juntong,
The core cadre of Juntong comes from the Whampoa Clique. In 1931, Chiang formed the Blue Shirt Society (also known as the Reconstruction Society or the Encouragement Society) after Mussolini’s Blackshirts. This is the predecessor for Juntong. I believe while the “group” (that does the spy work and everything) would definitely exist before 1938, it was under a different name.

3 Likes

Oh I see! Thank you. When the time comes to push an update, I’ll change the text to reflect that. Thank you!

7 Likes

No i mean the last puzzle of the game.

1 Like

Circle, triangle, square, pentagon, cross.

6 Likes

thanks i thought pentagon was the highest i knew i might have been focusing a bit to much on it lol

1 Like

You can play 2 as a standalone, but I think you get a better experience if you play the first one first. Good news tho: Relics 1 is on sale during the sale period for Relics 2!

6 Likes

Actually I bought both games. :nerd_face:

A side not, I have been in old city 2 weeks ago, wandered around the gates etc. So it feels a bit reviving to start from the old city of Jerusalem. I literally imagined it like hd on my mind when the mc and sides were running around the old city.

4 Likes

Yes, yessss, you definitely should. Though you can play R2 as a standalone, starting with R1 gives a lot of context, better character customisation (because you’ve got a bunch of personality choices), and introduces most of the characters you’ll re-meet in R2. And also it’s a pretty great piece of gaming on its own. AND you get to feed a KKK member to an alligator.

I take it you hiccuped in a puzzle? If you need help solving one and don’t want to resort to the companions (for achievement purposes) feel free to hit me up. I absolutely loved the puzzles! No promises on getting the achievement on the book puzzle in Venice, though, because that one’s step-by-step requirements sometimes throw me off.

5 Likes