I’ve begun work on my new game New Beginnings : Medieval Era. In it, you play an individual, male, female or anything in between, who is in a world, where being a youth is seen as a bad thing, due to the world being run by old immortals, who feel a need to cut down the population to save themselves during a worldwide famine.
Currently it’s about 1% done (hard to say as it will probably be big), and I plan on updating whenever a good amount of content is complete.
To play the demo, go here:
Planned Features (Open to Suggestions)
- Play as female, male, or non-binary; gay, straight, bi, or asexual.
- Customization your appearance, age, etc.
- Rediscover what it means to be a leader, and face all the consequences which lay along side it.
- Choose from a variety of different professions each with its own pro and cons.
- Battle and protect your citizens from any danger that may present itself, internal, external or otherwise.
- Become a ruler in your society by your own right, or return and take the helm of the one you have left behind.
- Watch and influence the growth, personalities, morals, and aspirations of the ones around you.
- Make, and break romantic, political, and friendly attachments.
- Manage and make decisions in regards to every day functioning of your fledgling society.
- Grow older in age and watch the world shape and grow alongside you.
- Upon death assume control of a family member of your choice and see the legacy of your bloodlines form before you.
- Find it in your heart to pursue forgiveness or take revenge on the ones who have done you and your companions wrong.
- Find a divine benefactor and hone a long forgotten art
- Achieve Immortality!
- Plus much more! (Alot more in my head its just alot to list)
Current Features Implemented (Subject to rewriting and revision)
-Start of character creation (Chap 1)
-Basic stat screen
Currently Working On
-Bug Report System
1/1/2019, 10:59 Pm (EST)
-Uploaded to COG Forum
12/22 (10 Am)
-Rewrote the startup game descriptions to better fit the game.
-Changed the text for age slightly
-Added Occupation to stat screen
-Removed planned features from the start up page and only included already implemented features (planned features can now be found in my post)
-Added new text to the start screen telling you how much chapters are currently available (and how complete they are.)
On my side:(Something you can’t see)
-Made a separate demo project of the game, so quick fixes could be done quickly without mixing it with my not yet ready and broken experimental content (this should hopefully allow me to quickly edit and fix spelling errors without introducing a bug due to me messing with code for future updates)
12/21 (4:21 Pm)
-Finished Chapter One!
-New Chapter Formatting is pretty much implemented (will be fully when i upload part three tomorrow)
12/26/18 11:59 AM
-Uploaded a finished part three of chapter one (chapter one is now up to our agreed chapter length/standards.)
On my end:
-Chapter two code, is now cleaner. (Trust me, it was functional, but a mess before. lol)
Small Improvements Update (12/28/2018 11:07 AM)
-Removed The child option from the birth scene. This is because, when you are born you aren’t automatically assigned an identity you develop it when you are a bit older. It just makes more sense to remove this to pave the way for the player’s identity selections in part three.
-Made minor improvements to startup text(Rewording, etc.)
-Changed some button texts to make them fit better, and/or to improve the story quality (Chapter titles should now all use the same format, which should hopefully make things less confusing.)
-As requested, I removed the day old reference and turned it to reference infancy.
-As requested, I looked through and capitalized all the non capitalize I’s I could find.
-As requested, i did my best to improve on the dialogue tags.
-As requested, made sure that dialogue was not cut off be a line break in the middle of it.
-As requested, added new paragraphs for when a person is speaking.
1/1/2019 (Small Functions Update)
-Stat Screen (And the choices that were supposed to affect stats, now do so)
-Cheat Menu (You can now edit any stat you see on the stat screen, simply enable it via settings, then find it within the glossary)
-Before the game wasn’t properly setting the “Son” or “Daughter” usage to fit identity, this is now fixed
-A couple rewrites and grammar fixes
-Save System (Will only currently work in the second version i will be posting soon)