Name That Game and Win $10!

Opposites attack
Smugglers academy
Certified Terrorists
Bada Bing Bada boom
Shady Business

Idk I say go with your gut

Revising my earlier “Atomic Squee” entry…

Atomic S.Q.U.E.E.

(Super Qualified Ultimately Elite Egotists)

1 Like

Acronyms are my cup of tea; my dream project’s title is ItCHS, which certainly lent itself to some good jokes. But the character limit comes into play with a lot of acronym attempts, I think. I could take an acronym and then try to find a title to fit it, but that might be backwards.

Also, for the record I would call Brave Little Toaster more dystopian than NPT. At least, from the appliances’ point of view.

A toaster shaped spaceship powered by nukes…
Yeahh i got nothing

Spaceship Shenanigans.

Slapstick Space.

A Terrorist Plot and Poop Jokes.

Fought the Law, Am the Law.

Neb and his Space Smuggler Friend.

Insanity Inside Outer Space.

Blaster Rifles, Mantra Magic, and Other Wonders.

Mistress Solus, the Mad Space Witch.

Space Garlic Breath.

Scoundrels and Scamps in a Space Adventure.

1 Like

I should note that I don’t want to stress the space aspect too much, since you don’t actually get to go into space in this story due to the blockade. So it could lead buyers to feel cheated. Still, some quality efforts by y’all, even if some are too long to be viable. Opposites Attack has the same issue of being nondescriptive that NPT does, but it still has an appeal I cannot deny.

In order to try and bring this issue to a head, I have a poll. There’s been enough support for the original title that I need to see if a poll with the suggestions is even necessary. This won’t be simple majority; if only 55% of voters prefer NPT to not-NPT, that still leaves 45% who don’t like it and that seems too high for something that has to appeal to barely-attentive shoppers glancing at app stores while going about their lives. But if it really is the best name (or at least a very good one), then best to leave it as is.

Oh, and if I end up picking my already-existing name, I will just use the ChoiceScript dieroller to select two random name contributors to get $5 each, just to make sure the thread isn’t a tease.

• Nuclear Powered Toaster!
  • Anything but Nuclear Powered Toaster!
  • Pie!

0 voters

Well, a 100 % does not seem like a bad quota, so far @hustlertwo :smiley:

1 Like

Nuclear Power Toaster is a good name, just need a uh… ‘descriptive’ description, so people know what they’re getting.

3 Likes

I like nuclear powered toaster but you put pie in the poll I have to vote for pie, but I think nuclear powered toaster is the name to use.

2 Likes

I can respect that.

@fairlyfairfighter That is true. On iOS the description will go on the omnibus app’s update page, which is good in that they get the title and the summation to actually explain it. Android and Amazon are another matter (as is Steam, should I somehow luck into a release there). The title has to get them to click, or all is lost and they never find out what it’s about.

Good information, so far.

2 Likes

I’m about to offer a payout for some help getting NPT publication-ready, which is a good reminder that I have past obligations to resolve. My handy-dandy die roller chose between everyone who made a title suggestion (except Toaster Powered Nuclear, as that’s just my current title with the words rearranged so no credit there), and the randomized winners are…

@Logan3000x
@Eric_Moser

Please let me know your PayPal info and I will be sending $5 your way. A big thanks to everyone who posted here, both those who gave title suggestions and those who gave me the confidence to stick with the name I already had in mind. Y’all are awesome!

4 Likes

I won a major award!!

3 Likes

This is a late response, and I don’t expect a reply, but have you considered just putting in “space” for “Nuclear Powered Space Toaster”? I think the word adds more specificity and a better hint of the genre, while keeping the original feeling of the title. /shrug

2 Likes

I appreciate the response! But actually, the title is set now; as of today the contract from HG is winding through the bowels of the postal system toward the good Mr. Fabulich.

Also, it was earlier in the thread but I was trying to avoid the word space, because you don’t actually go to space. Yet.

1 Like