Name for a fake Country

@Reaperoa Holly’s book looks like it could be useful, but unfourtantly I don’t have any money at the moment, so that is out of the question for now. Thanks for the link to Seventh Sanctum, it has given me a few good names for some cities I had.

Umm… these could also work… Marfur, Terreno, Geao, Inma, Clockingswork, Kleserich and Panacea. :expressionless:

@Happy Marfur and Panacea both sound good. Panacea means an answer or solution to all problems, and that goes great with Nation 3’s intentions.

Terreno=land, terrain panacea= that cures everything s greek base word. Inma is a woman name

Well, Nation 3 was intended to become the solution to Man’s problems, and while it didn’t work out that way, it still inspires people. That is why Panacea is going to be the name of the Capital.

Uhh… Well, in the US, Virginia the state, was named after a Woman. :-S

@ItalionStailon Yea, I know not being able to afford something. Let me try to pull out a few other tools I have laying around though (just trying to throw some help your way).

The Language Construction Kit (http://www.zompist.com/kit.html) is a bit drier than Holly’s books, but it gives some good food for thought in building convincing fictional languages. Plus, the core of it is free online.

(Damn it, now I’m looking at these things, and I gonna have to break out a fake language for 8Thrones.)

Assuming medieval fantasy (you’re talking about kingdoms after all), I’d also recommend taking a look at Medieval Demographics Made Easy (http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/blueroom/demog.htm). Completely free online (The guy also made a book called Fief, but IIRC, I didn’t think it was really worth it at all). It’s aimed at lot more at Pen and Paper RPGs, but it’s really good for writing too, if you want to keep order to things. (I actually should have the continent of 8Thrones drawn up using it somewhere.) Between it and GURPS I was actually able to pound out the GDP of a medieval continent the size of Europe, that I could then break down into individual baronies for a tabletop campaign a few years back.

(Edit: Oh and here is a calculator for MDME that I literally just found: http://www.rpglibrary.org/utils/meddemog/)

Am I late? Name nation 2: North Lorea.

(North Korea having nothing to do with that name) :^o

@countdon that was my idea for north and south, based on north and south korea…

1 Like

Just asking,what the nation based on which continent and is it similar to which earth continent and the culture so that I can make a name for these nations.

@Reaperoa, I’ll have to give that a try… I played around with “City” a while back for my game world, but while it had some really good bits, I didn’t think it all held together in the end.

@Reaperoa Thanks for the links. That medieval demographics website is preety useful.

@CountDon Unfourtantly you are a little late. The four main nations have names. Also, Lorea? All you did was switch the first letter. Be more creative. :wink:

@vostov See above comment. I still will accept city names, and a number of the cities will have names that come from these fourms.

@Everyone Thanks for all the names. I still will accept names for cities, so feel free to suggest some. :slight_smile:

Wait, what are the nations’ names again? xP

@Happy Here are the nation’s names:
Nation 1: South Margola (Thanks to WiReD)
Nation 2: North Margola (Once again, thanks to WiReD)
Nation 3: The Isle of Bastion (Thanks to AKNel1)
Nation 4: Ramul (Thanks to Marajade)

Thanks to everyone once again. A lot of the names that are suggested here have been used.

:wink:

@Havenstone Just a quick look shows City to mostly presume that you already know all the numbers by yourself and and are going to fudge most of it. Not sure I like that design choice.

City names? New Berthams? Charltonsville? Cuedestan? Ramul Lumpur? Central Margola City (A city that used to be a place for South and Northan’s to meet, Now wartorn?) Bastin City? Hughstan? Summerfield? Shireton?

@CountDon There are a lot of good city names that you have given me. I really like the Central Margola City idea, though I’ll probably give it a different name, since it would be annoying to say “Central Margola City” over and over again.

I just read that North Korea banned the movie 2012 cause it’s the anniversary of their leader on that year. LOL.

Hello. I know that this kind of post has been posted here before, but I’m having issues coming up with countries for my game. I would also like a few cities for each kingdom. I can give you a description of my kingdoms:

Kingdom 1: A wealthy kingdom, where the royal family has the earth element. They are at war with kingdom 2. The people that reside there are of Arabian and Amhara descent.
Kingdom 2: A wealthy kindgom that wants complete control over the nation. The people that reside there are of Laotian Hmong descent.
Kingdom 3: A poor kingdom that tries to avoid war with our countries. They are allies with kingdom 2. The people that reside there are of Chinese descent.
Kingdom 4: A kingdom that does not have much but they are content with what they have. They are neutral and have no connections with the other kingdoms. The people that reside there are of Egyptian descent.
Kingdom 5: An ancient kingdom that was recently discovered. They currently hold title of the elite special forces. The people that reside there are of Persian descent.

Thank you in advance to everyone that is willing to help me.