Myrk Mire (working title) WIP (Demo updated 15/08/2022)

i…actually haven’t played the game :sweat_smile:, but if there isn’t one already, maybe you can have a “Coincidently just like mine in every way.” and a option where players can choose from the full list?

players who don’t want to have to re-choose can pick the former, and players who want to can choose the latter

1 Like

Maybe more like ‘Styled and dyed like mine’.

Or this would be for the best.
And only adopted route needs to be changed imo. Other routes are perfectly fine with that ‘Just like mine in everyway’.

1 Like

In this case coincidences are weird too and there’s already a list, but the choice itself that says ‘Just like me in everyway’ when going with the adopted child is odd.

1 Like

i mean, unless the player has a very unusual/rare hair color/style, there will always be a chance that someone will match with you :thinking:

or maybe i’m thinking too hard.

2 Likes

I put white :joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat: that’s unusual and rare.

1 Like

Eh, maybe I’m over complicating everything and pushing too much into this.

1 Like

It’s an interesting debate, and I think it’s likely I’m going to just take out the:

Just like mine in every way

Option for the adopted relationship. That is the easiest solution from a coding standpoint right now.

TBH it wouldn’t be completely unprecedented for a person with brown straight hair to adopt a child with the same.

Hmmmm… You know I think I will add the variation of the original option in anyway, no sense to deny folks a shortcut if they happen to pick the adoption route.

Thanks to both of you for your feedback!

2 Likes

Oi @Catt

snoring

1 Like

Do you have a blog, Catt?

1 Like

No, I don’t.

Is that something folks would be interested in if I were to set one up?
(drop a like on this individual post if so)

(If I get 20 likes I’ll set up a Tumblr blog.)

26 Likes

yeeees
yeeeeees
I GET TO BE A PARENT

9 Likes

Can we give the MC’s child lots of cuddles? I want to be able to give them all the cuddles.

4 Likes

About that “coincidently” debate for the hair - it’s just my grain of salt, but honestly I don’t mind either that or the original option.
In my playthrough the child is adopted, and while I selected for them to look different than my MC, I found it extremely cute and endearing (and not at all weird) that they still may look the same. Like, it was heartwarming?

2 Likes

I would say coincidentally the same

2 Likes

In reality: oh no what have I done

1 Like

Exactly lol I love my kids but they’re real pain… You won’t know the pain until you actually raise a kid.

2 Likes

This is a very well written WIP, and the choices provided are really interesting. As far as fixed go I had a bit of an error where, when choosing the child/our hairstyle, the text looped back towards when we’re checking on the body in the weeds, then jumped to the MC leaving the room the child was in. Other than that it was a bug free experience.

3 Likes

Looking at the like count on the blog suggestion post.

Welp, guess I know what I’m setting up today :sweat_smile:

I’ll post a link up as soon as I have stuff up and running

2 Likes

This really seems promising! I like that we are a parent too!

3 Likes

Writers blog will be up and running by next week (I hope).

I went a bit over the top with things, so it’s extra fancy with some interactive elements for folks to explore.

I am a CGI generalist by trade and this kinda comes across in the blog.

Link will be posted in the main post when the final bits are in place.

9 Likes