Most anticipated HG WIP?

Villains

Thanks for supporting Shepherds of Haven, @JMH and @ReverseFlash, Iā€™m anticipating 2019 to be the year we get it done!! :grin::raised_hands:t2:

7 Likes

Since we are talking about HG title and excluding the submitted title :

Lords of Infinity by @Cataphrak
Keeper of Sun and Moon 2 by @daydreamsincolor
Sheppeard of Haven by @rinari
Fallen Hero : Retribution by @malinryden
Golden Rose by @Anathema
Keeper of Fairfort by @Cheion

9 Likes

Where all my serial killers at? :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

The enchanter Misery :-):grin: but you mention it is not in your top priority yet :-):stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you, Eric! :hugs: Thatā€™s my first mention ever. And let me just say how invaluable your support in the thread has been.

For newer WIPs, thereā€™s a few Iā€™m very excited about. So let me update my list (in no particular order):

1. Good Intentions by @Joshua_Koch - Dark, gritty and intensely atmospheric. The story grips you from the start and holds you in place until the end of the demo. Plus, thereā€™s a mystery to unveil. Iā€™ve always loved mysteries.

2. The Fallen Divine by @DzHonest - Really unique and interesting premise. Great prose and dialogue. I love the way we can recruit our companions - theyā€™re all very different.

3. Shepherds of Haven by @rinari - Fantastic writing, compelling world and the characters :ok_hand: the characters make you want to cry for more. Plus, itā€™s inspired by dragon age origins. What else is there to say, really?

4. Fallen Hero: Retribution by @malinryden - This one needs no introduction. I havenā€™t read the demo yet because I want to wait for the whole game, but Iā€™m sure itā€™s amazing. It has to be, it has Ortega in it.

Also, canā€™t believe Iā€™ve forgotten but:

1. The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two by @Seraphinite - Another one that doesnā€™t need an introduction. I am so ready to smooch the heck out of Mason.

But there are so many wonderful WIPs popping up on the forum nowadays, that my list will probably keep ever growing.

11 Likes

Oh my thank you @Eric_knight! Itā€™s my first mention too and Iā€™m really honored :ā€™) your support has been a great motivator and I hope I can deliver up to your expectations!

As for mineā€¦

1. Good Intentions by @Joshua_Koch. I was completely hooked from the first two pages. Definitely one Iā€™m going to buy when it comes out!
  2. Fallen Hero: Retribution by @malinryden. One of the few books where I can relate very well to the MC, with a subtle yet extremely realistic take on psychological issues.
  3. Shepherds of Haven by @rinari. I love the NPCs so much and I love the world sheā€™s managed to build~
  4. Lords of Infinity by @Cataphrak. No gender lock is keeping me away from this!
7 Likes

Wow, thanks @Anathema! I didnā€™t expect The Fallen Divine to be ā€˜anticipatedā€™. This really puts motivation on my motivation, thanks again!

4 Likes

Really a lot of great stories being worked on right now. I think 2019 is going to be a very good year for HG releases.

A few of my current favorites:

Fallen Hero 2: Retribution: The first one blew me away, and from what Iā€™ve read so far the follow-up is shaping up even better.

Diaspora: Fantastic world building and a truly memorable cast of characters.

Keepers of Fairfort: A magical murder mystery in a world full of supernatural beings? So completely right up my alley.

Apex Predators: The game that asks the question ā€œHow does a vampire survive the zombie apocalypse?ā€ A question I had no idea I needed answered until I read the demo.

The Golden Rose: Excellent character building and fight scenes that make me intensely jealous that I canā€™t write that well. :sweat_smile:

Donor: This game does a fantastic job of making the reader feel the choking claustrophobia and constant tension of being half a step away from death while trapped in a vampireā€™s lair.

27 Likes

@Joshua_Koch Seeing my WIP on your list completely made my day. Thank you! :heart::heart::heart:

9 Likes

LORDS OF INFINITY!!! No contest. Also Guinevere.

7 Likes

Keepers of the sun and moon

5 Likes

Thank you! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Samurai of Hyuga Book 4!

9 Likes

Lordā€™s of Infinity, Dragon Racer, and Road to the Coliseum for me. Itā€™s. So. Dang. Close. Iā€™m dying from anticipation

2 Likes

Definitely Mass Mother Murderer. By @Samuel_H_Young.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s lots of great ones in the works. I guess my faves are rather predictable though:

Vendetta, Rise of a Gangster,
Fallen Hero part deux,
Keeper of the Sun and Moon and its second part,
Wayhaven Part 2, Waywalkers part 3.

Except for Vendetta they are all sequels it seemsā€¦hmmā€¦:thinking:

Only real surprises there for people who know me would probably be ā€œCreme de la Cremeā€ and ā€œReturn to Zemiaā€.

Then there is of course my eternal hope @Moreau might decide to resurrect the Myrmidon.

XoR, in spite of deviating from most of the CoG conventions is not a Hosted game, so I guess that one wouldnā€™t count here. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m also looking for to Demon recollect, even though itā€™s still in itā€™s early stages.

2 Likes

I donā€™t read very many WIPs, but Fallen Hero 2 and Freak Amidst Neon Lights look particularly cool.

4 Likes

Especially Guenevere.

2 Likes