Morsus Mihi, Law enforcement game dealing with superhumans (Updated:11/22/18 Episode 1 45% Complete)

Liking the premise! Most would focus on the superhero aspects, so it’s nice to have a change of pace.
Got an error here:

1 Like

Maybe add save slots?

episode_pilot line 209: It is illegal to fall in to an *else statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block.

1 Like

Aah I really like this concept! I’m genuinely really excited to see where you go with it. I think the “gene enhancers” we can choose from are a great idea, I can’t wait to see how each one of them plays out in-game.

I do have some feedback on the writing though. I understood everything you meant but there were some mistakes and I think the structure was a bit clumsy sometimes.

Here for example I think it should be “details” instead of “detail”. You should also maybe replace “that secret” with “his secret”.
The separation between the penultimate paragraph and the last one is a bit weird since the last one is a direct continuation of the one before. Instead of “Claim we as an race” “Claims we as a race” is more correct I think. You also kinda kept using “an” when it should’ve been “a” and vice-versa.

There are other mistakes like this throughout the WIP but they’re easily fixable. Apart from those though I like your premise and I think the stats and choices are well thought out.

I do have a few questions: How many chapters have you planned for the game? Do you intend to add a nb option? Apart from action/sci-fi, what genre would you categorize the story as? Do you plan to add any RO options? Do you plan to make your IF more of a game or more of a story?

1 Like

Just tried playing and this is what popped up…

Hey friend, I didn’t play the game but I noticed there’s a lot of errors going on. I suggest you try testing it more thoroughly or use QuickTest and RandomTest to find the errors.

With CSIDE you can quickly run these tests to find all errors in your game and then correct them.

To install the save feature in your game, you must activate the option use smPlugin by CJW in dashingdon and then place this line after all the *create commands in your startup file:

*sm_init Morsus_Mihi | 3

(Remember to remove or comment this line when testing in any other place than dashingdon — such as while testing offline — or the game will throw an error; add then back or uncomment when uploading to dashingdon again.)

2 Likes

First of all, thank you for the report, I’ve always struggled when it came to grammar or punctuation(I should have paid more attention in class :sweat_smile:). I’ve already implemented your suggestions as well.

1. To be honest, I still am trying to figure that out. I’ve seen too many overwhelm themselves with a story that has too many chapters, so that is why my current goal is having at least 4 chapters(I call them episodes) done.
  2. No, I don’t intend on having a non-binary option unless I am required to. Before I only felt comfortable with one gender in a story, but I realized that was a mistake as this was a little bit unfair to the readers and I needed to get out of my comfort zone, it’s not to say I won’t in later stories, but I do not want to just add an NB option “just cause”.
  3. Ironically I wanted to add more tags to the topic to categorize the genre of my story. Such as it being a superhero and crime/thriller.(None of these tags were to be found)
  4. Yes? I really want to and I have a couple of ideas for RO’s, but I’d need to first think of a romance system to keep track of your relationships.
  5. Can’t give a definite answer to this one, I want to make my IF(Interactive Fiction right?) an equal mix of both.
    @ghostsnwitches

Thanks, I’ll get right on it

Thanks for the suggestions,
I’m already using CSIDE, and it is a big help. As for the save plug-ins, I’ll try to follow your instructions in a copy of my game.
EDIT: Did what you said, for adding the save plug-ins, and it seems to be working for me, thanks for the help.

Guess we should all pack up and move then, I mean Deus…He’s literally God (hence his goddamn name).

Wonder what weapons we’ll have to deal with GOD.
Satans trident?

1 Like

Heh, he does have quite an ego.

He’s also quite dead, burned alive actually by another fellow Epic you will be meeting :grinning:. Turns out Deus wasn’t all that impervious to fire.

One of the most inovative themes that i ever saw around here.

1 Like

So, I’ve spent a good 6 hours of my time trying to finish up the Pilot Episode or first chapter. Needless to say, I ended up expanding my work count even more than necessary. I really have a new found respect for the authors that focus on the replay-ability of their games(which is what I’m trying to do or at least attempting). Inclusion the pilot episode is about 95-7% done.

2 Likes

I found some errors…

1 Like

@DontJudge
Thanks, I’ll get to fixing them later today

It has a good start. Looking forward to this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad you are enjoying it. Please feel free if to ask any questions about the story you have or give any suggestions/

Oh man the game has so much potential I called my agent Nick Fury I’m looking forward to see what u do

Thanks, I hope to work my way into having the game live up to its potential.
Agent Nick Fury?
*if (pcname = “Nick”) and (surname = “Fury”)
*set losesaeye true

3 Likes

4148841-6085323622-406px
I stand the name

2 Likes