Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

Of course I am. I’m Batman

2 Likes

God dammit.And here I was thinking some one actually played the game.

Ah,well.At least you know. You might even bring it up with your friends in a conversation.

“So what is your favorite part in a video game?”

“I liked the part in VTM Bloodlines where you could argue with a stop sign”

They all proceed to look at you like you just grew a second head.

6 Likes

One of the characters looks a lot like Harley Quinn in Arkham City.

######Or does Harley look like her, because AC came out after?

Oh yeah.THAT character.

Let’s just say…she’s “special”.

I’d love to explain it to you,but I’m afraid that the big blue dragon known as @Cecilia_Rosewood might come and eat my sheep as a penalty for going off topic.So you’ll just have to play the game for yourself

2 Likes

Just give her some beer and a wide space to fly around. That should distract her. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Joking! Don’t kill me Rosewood!

1 Like

From the Codex: :yum:

Wendigos can also unhinge their jaws if needed, allowing them to devour a whole body with astonishing speed.

1 Like

So,out of curiosity,I finally decided to Google Image ‘wendigo’ to see what they look like.

Nightmare fuel for everyone!

4 Likes

Kind of hard for me to take seriously, honestly. I think it’s the antlers…

1 Like

I prefer the 3rd image result from google, haha. :stuck_out_tongue:

I already linked to my ol’ fanart of Callum waaay back when and I kept the interpretation involving antlers.

5 Likes

Jesus Christ,that is terrifying.

Is this what Wendy turns into? Dear God.

I’d still cuddle with her tho. And then,I’d give her a little peck on the cheek. :blush:

1 Like

There are some variations on how a wendigo is supposed to look like. In the second picture I had commissioned, I definitely went with the antler/demonic look since it would translate a little better in the picture.

That’s why I am trying to think of a good pose for the werewolf. Since there is no half-wolf/half-woman hybrid form, I am actually thinking of just doing one for fun…where the wolf plays ‘fetch’ with a zombie, and like a good puppy, brings an arm to an amused Artemis.

2 Likes

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I always thought the Wendigos from Until Dawn always looked much better in comparison to the regular Wendigos with antlers.

They just looked so much more savage and terrifying.

11 Likes

You and me both. Filling words

You have made a powerful enemy today, sign.

1 Like

@AAO

I ever tell you the one about the tuna and the chef?

1 Like

Yep. Of course, she can definitely maintain a human form, unless she loses control. That’s why even though the werewolf is basically the strongest character (from a combat point of view), if a wendigo was properly fed, their other abilities could be used. However, that sort of manifestation is a two-edged sword since it would alert other supernaturals, and monster hunters.

As for the variations of the Wendigo, both are valid; in some stories it was just a human possessed by a cannibalistic spirit. And if you look at the picture @Lithophene linked to, it is definitely more of a feral humanoid creature.

Heh, I think the most irritating personification I saw was people assuming a wendigo was an alternate sort of werewolf after Werewolf the Apocalypse came out.

Within the context of Monsters of New Haven High, the Wendigo definitely does goes with the more humanoid route. (I know the picture I commissioned didn’t go this route, but that’s why I mentioned it was a variation).

1 Like

The Wendigos I know tend to become more transparent and glowing, with antlers, tail and rabbit ears when showing their true form but still prefer to look more human since they get awful lonely.

I honestly want to know where where you saw that interpretation of a wendigo cause I’ve never heard of any variant including rabbit features. :joy:

1 Like

Oh you know me, always conning up with the oddest of mythical stories and creatures :smile: and the rabbit ears are only at what my tomes call “breach mode” which includes the wendigo walking on all fours with fur, spines and rabbit ears so yeah, blame the tomes I read :slight_smile:.

makes you want to get over the whole eating human thing and become their friend or maybe give em a hug eventually

1 Like