May 2021's Writer's Support Thread

I’ll suggest you stick to using much simpler language as though I can visualize it, it seems weird describing it with so many lines and in practice, I’m just going to skip over those lines.

So this May was a bummer, I didn’t realize my goals and I’m hoping June is going to be much more productive and I’ll write something other than two scenes that will occur much later in the game. I’m aiming for about fifteen thousand words this month ( I’m definitely not going to achieve but I’ll have to try)

Keep writing everyone! See you in June!

6 Likes

If only I could do that!
Unfortunately, all the ideas I get are tied to a specific background or class, and can’t get broadened to encompass any more, without making them completely different games.
I guess I could make ridiculously long origin paths for the different PCs, but that’s probably too much work, and I still have no ideas for what the actual game plot would be.

Branching abyss sounds horrifying!

5 Likes

End of month check in!

I blew past my daily writing goal and my overall FoA progress goal, writing at least 500 words a day this month and often more than 1000, for a total forward progress number of 25k. Something I hope to sustain into next month. Tempering the success a little, Diaspora’s next chapter is not fully outlined yet, heh, though I have made some forward progress with that one as well.

Feeling pretty good about it overall; consistent progress has been helpful in an otherwise kind of “meh” month of May.

8 Likes

Just a thought –

Have you thought of doing a game that is a “collection” of short limited scope stories that have a common MC character as a unifying factor between the individual shorts?

Each of these individual pieces could then fit together to form a whole and provide a bigger picture as you see fit.

9 Likes

Well! I didn’t meet my goals, but I did hash out branch-specific… missions? for one of the branches (and an achievement for failing all of them. I’m very proud of it.), solved a railroading issue (in a hopefully satisfactory way), and did a whole bunch of work for my studies, so I call this one a win.

8 Likes

Met these ones, but once again, I kinda failed to upload an update oof. The good thing’s that there at least has been some progress compared to last month, so I’m a little glad for that.

8 Likes