Mark Bell (A work in progress)

Fine its water under the bridge.

Always, having lawyers on your side doesn't mean jack if the government is actively your enemy.  Do you think the jews of Nazi Germany could have benefited from more lawyers?  How about the Amerindians or Aborigines of Australia, who were massacred, evicted, had their children stolen from them?   

Lawyers are only good to the oppressed when the government is not actively your enemy ala say various groups suffering from unofficial second class citizenship.  

Now the official stance of the Militia is that there can be no peace, no agreeement with the monsters, even if they are forced of the planet, that would be an agreement, that would be peace.  So the logical, in fact, the only endgame for the militia is genocide.  

If the Black Panthers said that they were oppressed so they had to kill all white people, they would not be the good guys.  If Israel said "Well the Germans oppressed us so they all have to die" they would not be the good guys.  If an Amerindian tribe decided they had to kill all white people because they were oppressed they would not be the good guys.  If some members of the IRA decided they needed to kill all of the English they wouldn't be good guys.  

This conflict might be good (monsters) versus evil (militia), this story as written might be evil (militia) versus evil (monsters), but people salivating for genocide because they are “oppressed” aren’t good guys. Ghandi saught to end oppresssion, Hitler claimed he wanted to free his people from oppression too, that doesn’t make them moral equals.

Also, if they are so competent at secretly ruling the world, why was there a war again?  Secret manipulators show up with cook books entitled "How to serve man," not shout "We come in peace, shoot to kill!"  And if they secretly rule the world from the shadows, how did the militia find out about it?  So again, the monsters seem to be pretty bad at secretly ruling the world for  group that actually controls the world, hmm? 

So tell me, Always, when was the last global conspiracy you heard about being uncovered by a militia?  If the militiamen know about it, how is it a secret?  It's not like they are actual spies, that's obvious from their state of the art larping cloaks for disguise and sending untrained high school kids out on assignment.  

So to sum up, the stance of the militia is ethically vile and their arguments fall apart if scrutinized logically.

And "all I have is them showing a propaganda video?" ":No peace,  no agreement" equals genocide, there is no other valid interpretation of that statement, and that statement seems to be the official militia policy.  By that logic there shouldn't be an England for the aliens to oppress (if indeed they do) because China, India, Ireland, and every other country England has ever conquered would have been in the right to exterminate every English man, woman, and child.

Whereas the argument for the Militia being good guys seems to be summed up as "They're good guys because they say they are."  

When a group advocates genocide it's not my burden of proof to prove they are bad guys, it's their burden of proof to show that they are good guys.

…Water under the bridge it is! Good talk. And let us, assuming anyone present has more to say, end that here.

On an unrelated note, I’m toying with adding proper ‘game’ mechanics. Though it may slow down my writing as I work it out. There’s a newish adventure game I saw that used an interesting trick when it came to commands.

I might make a separate wip topic exclusively for testing this game code. If I can work out the kinks, I’ll probably slap it into this story and make it where the player alternates between a ‘book’ mode and a ‘gameplay’ mode.

…And if there’s interest, I’ll probably hand the code out for free grabbies too.

The basic gist is that I wanted to try out a more tradition IF experience where the player types commands. The problem is that choice of games really isn’t designed for that. Regardless, I’d like to give it a shot. If it doesn’t work… well, no worries I just won’t add it to this game; keeping this thing almost totally a book-like experience.

1 Like