Manually set commands to be highlighted in notepad++?

Using the syntax highlighter would make keeping track of code easier, but I’m having a lot of trouble getting it to work. Should I keep trying, or is there any way I can set certain things in Notepad++ to be highlighted without downloading the add-on? Or is there maybe a ChoiceScript add-on for Notepad++ other than the one listed in the wiki?

2 Likes

Someday I’ll write a tutorial about this and will upload my own style that I used in my experiments.

You can go to language -> define your language menu, mine looks like this:

As you can see, I added some keywords of ChoiceScript. If you press Styler buttons, you can change colors and fonts of keywords. Try it, and write any questions here. I will respond.

My editor usually looks like this, but you can choose any color you want:

4 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing that, I didn’t even know Notepad++ had such a feature!!

:wink:

1 Like

I am glad it’s useful, mate. I hope it will help you in your creative process :wink:

1 Like

Thanks so much! I haven’t had a chance to get into the program to set everything up until today but everything seems to be working right.

1 Like

Hey there DarkForestCrow. I was wondering if you could post an export for your C++ ‘language’.

1 Like

There is a download for choice script language. There’s a link to it somewher on site too. A Google search usually brings it up.

Just found it. Not really what I was hoping lol
Seems as though everything is jumbled into one group. I like the look of Crow’s, if they would be willing to share it.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.
Here is my file.

If something won’t work, feel free to leave a comment here or send me a personal message :wink:

I also have mini-guide about custom highlighting posted in my blog.

But it’s for ChoiceScript and for Notepad++. Not sure what do you mean by 'C++ ‘language’.

whoops lmao
idk why i put C++, was supposed to be Notepad++ hahaha

1 Like