Magium [WIP] ---

I’m using a game maker called Clickteam Fusion 2.5.

I wouldn’t really recommend it for creating text games, though. At its core, it’s a game engine for making platformers. I initially bought it on a sale, to make puzzle games, but then when I got the idea to start working on a text adventure, I used Clickteam Fusion because I already had it, because I was already familiar with it, and because I can port it on Android, Windows, HTML5 and iOS without too much effort. (although I can’t really properly port it for iOS since I don’t have a MAC and I’m not yet very inclined to pay their ridiculous 100$ per year fees).

So far I haven’t really run into any problems I couldn’t fix, so I shouldn’t have any trouble finishing the game with this software, but it’s definitely not the optimum way to do it.

never heard of it, but it seems interesting.
a new game+ plus feature will be nice to have in a future, that way we dont have to restart the game to try the others skills :slight_smile:

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean by “a new game+ plus feature”

If you mean that it’d be nice to have a restart game button in the menu, I’ll probably be adding one soon.

But you don’t need to restart the whole game to try other skills. One way to avoid that would be to not spend your available points in stats immediately after you get them, so that when you’ve failed a check, you can load the game and put some points in those stats and see what happens. There’s 9 save game slots, so you can afford to play like this.

a new game plus+ is a feature that let you restart the game with all your maxed skills, start the game with a powerfull character or give you extra points, ( for example: Witcher 3 have this feature, and after you finish the game you can restart the game with your character keeping all his stuff like armors, weapons,levels, skills etc)
another example can be unnatural from hosted games,it give you a code so when you start a new game it give you a +10 or +5 to some of your stats, i recommend it :smiley:

@anon4518890

Oh, okay, I didn’t play Witcher 3 yet because I want to play the games in order, so I didn’t know about that feature.

It sounds to me like the opposite of what Diablo is doing. In Diablo 3, basically once you finish the game, you unlock a harder difficulty so you can replay the game on a more challenging level.

With the new game plus feature, it sounds like you’re starting the game over on the very easy difficulty (or “I’m too young to die!” if you know the game Doom 1).

The thing is that the stats and armors from Witcher 3 won’t carry over to Witcher 4, so they can afford to implement a mode like that after you’ve finished the game. My game will technically be finished only after I’m done with all the books. The stats with which you end the first book will carry over to the second book, and then the third book, and so on.

So if I give the player some bonus stats, that will make his playthrough of the 2nd and 3rd books easier than intended.

You gave me an idea, though. Instead of a new game+ option, I might grant a cheat code after you’ve finished the first book, provided you paid the 2 dollars to remove the ads. The cheat code will give you enough available points to be able to max all of your stats. That playthrough will however not allow you to progress into the 2nd book, unless you’ve also finished the 2nd book by playing fairly.

2 Likes

ey @Nemeean_lion be sure to flag me when you update the game, so i dont miss it :wink:

Same here , awesome game :grin:

Yeah, I’ll send you both the codes for the beta when I’m done with the chapter, hopefully in the next few days. (I’ve already written it, I just need to program it)

1 Like

I just updated the game with the latest chapter and I sent out PMs with the beta code for everyone who sent me messages so far.

If you want access, just send me a PM or leave a message on this thread and I will PM you with the beta code. I’ll be going to sleep now, so I’ll starting sending out the codes tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Hey Nemeean_lion,

I was wondering if you were still giving out beta keys, and if so could you possibly send me code as well. That is if you aren’t busy.

Same. This seem like a great game.

Me 3!!! This game is getting interesting!!!

Beta keys sent.

Hope you all enjoy the latest chapter! :grin:

Huh. This is weird. I thought that I could still edit the original post and the title if it’s under 3 months from the original post, but I guess I was wrong.

Anyways, I’ve just finished working on the latest chapter. I currently only have it in android form because I’m waiting for a game engine bug fix in order to be able to port it to html5. I’ve named it chapter 8 to keep the old link working, but it’s in fact chapter 9.

Also, the game is now entering Open Beta, which means that you no longer require a beta code to play the latest chapters. As always, please tell me if you find any bugs, spelling mistakes, etc.

Since I’m not sure when I’ll be able to post the new chapter on html5, I think I’ll reupload the old version on the site tomorrow without the required beta code.

The link for the apk is the same as the old one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/632y3od8kn5f2fe/magium%20chapter%208.apk?dl=1

Enjoy!

2 Likes

The 8th chapter in the html5 version has now been unlocked. You can play it without a code. I will also upload the 9th chapter on the site as soon as possible.

I also fixed a bug in the apk version. The bottom half of the first screen of the 9th chapter had the wrong text in it. You can download the fixed version by clicking the same link as before.

3 Likes

I just uploaded the 9th chapter to the site as well. Have fun!

3 Likes

the hope i have for the first book to ne finished is highly apparent

@Beaterxys

Hey!

Not sure if you’ve already played the available chapters or if you’re waiting for it to get finished, but either way, there should be two more chapters before the end of this book.

Writing/programming this has been a little slower than I would have hoped, but there is no danger of the book not being finished. :smile:

The game will be free to play with ads on Google Play, but I’ll probably be making the option to remove the ads for 3 dollars instead of 2, since the book is turning out to be longer than I originally planned. My first priority will be the Google Play version, but the full book will also be available on the website for free at a relatively short time after the android release.

4 Likes

I be happy when this hits Google play when the time
Comes I like Magium

Thanks for your support! :slight_smile: