Love♡Verse (submitted!)

Originally my theory was that the MC actually feels The Urge for literally everyone, so that’s why it didn’t feel any different but later I realized that doesn’t work because the MC is capable of not noticing people while The Urge would make them very noticeable.

4 Likes

That’s actually a pretty interesting theory! Probably better than what it actually is in the story :sweat_smile:

Good point, one cannot sneak up on someone who feels the Urge toward them :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Woah now that’s a little offensive don’t ya think

18 Likes

Goddamn you, I just threw up in my mouth! :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Oh wow, people really took a liking to that line! :sweat_smile:

I added it because there is an American stereotype that French people, especially Parisians, don’t like Americans (and Brits). I don’t know how accurate it is though, but I figured why not include it? :smile:

17 Likes

I’m having fun with this, and hope you continue.

However, for those parts where it asks for a player to input a last name/first name, you might consider including a small list to choose from. Sometimes a person doesn’t have a name in mind, other times it can feel weird when you mostly expect a game where you click. Either way, it isn’t a big detail

7 Likes

I heard that it’s harder to communicate with people in English there than in other European countries. But I don’t know how much truth in it, because I’ve never been in France :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you for this WIP, I truly hope you will continue with it. I just did a quick read through and found it to be a cute, quirky romance. The humor so far is light and witty. I saw a comment that there may be some darker points in the future and I just get a feeling this will only serve to add balance to the story. I will definitely be looking for more of this story in the future.

3 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

That’s a good suggestion! I just figured people might enjoy seeing something other than choices or page breaks, but you’re right, I’ll try to add those options at some point!

Could be, although in my experience, there are plenty of people who speak decent English, but it depends on age and geography.

I’m glad you enjoyed it! :smiley:

Yeah, there will be one or two just to spice things up and add some tension, but for the most part this is a light-hearted rom-com type of game. (at least that’s the plan so far :sweat_smile:)

7 Likes

Eey, Hygge style? That warms my danish heart :laughing: Bookmarked the game, looking forward for more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope I did it justice with that in-game description :denmark:

Thank you! It will probably take a while before chapter 2 is done though :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

To be fair English have a bit of a mixed feeling to the French too so… :sweat_smile:

Of course I am half Irish so ‘ugh English’ is something I get from both sides. Most Irish love Americans though so I would find it hard to think anything too untoward about any of them. Even if they wasted good tea. :rofl:

As an Englishman with French friends I will tell you that the French typically like it when people make an effort (not a huge one, just an genuine effort ) to speak the language, and there’s a stereotype that Americans and British cannot be bothered to do so and thus make bad tourists. This isn’t entirely true but the British can I am sad to say be awful tourists (especially in Spain or anything involving Football). :unamused:

11 Likes

I love how this image is also accurate for people who voted for Bolsonaro here in Brazil. Including the guy with Trump beanie :rofl:

2 Likes

unfortunately for the americans, it’s an everybody-but-americans thing lol. not the best reputation :face_with_peeking_eye:

what a terrifying picture :sob:

nem lembra kkkk o tanto q vamo ver esse tipo de gente em outubro…

12 Likes

And what kind of tourists are Poles? I couldn’t help but ask this question :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Poles? Eh, some are negative, some are positive.

3 Likes

I haven’t met many but the ones I have were nice enough! :relaxed:

The nicest people in Europe are definitely the Dutch. Spider-Man was right. Must be all the flowers and artwork. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:joy_cat::smiling_imp::smirk_cat: I’d be everyone I like, urge or not if I want to as long as I want to.

Ooh, I absolutely love tragic romance.

Ew, this feels very very wrong.

I assume as soon as they turn 18 or to be an ass maybe 16

1 Like

So I have to choose one?

1 Like

@Zeom If you’re talking about the ROs, then I’m not sure yet, but I think with a story like this there will probably be a possibility of romancing all of them at once. Maybe. :wink:

9 Likes