My One And Only: Book one (WIP) 03/02 Demo update

Hi!
I’ve been lurking around the forum for a long time, and finally, I mustered the courage to try and make a game of my own. I had fun writing it and hope you enjoy playing it. Now it’s only the first part of chapter one, and it has around 9,600 words. But I’m planning to update it once a month.

I think this story will have to be cut into two, maybe three books because there’s just too much material for the 6 Ros, and I don’t want the story to feel too rushed.
You should also know I’m not a native English speaker. So, if you find any grammar mistakes please let me know.

Summary:

This is it. You’ll finally have your first taste of an independent life. Starting from getting out of your parent’s home and moving in with your best friend. What can possibly go wrong?

Between some disastrous party and an unplanned trip, you get to meet new people and have an unexpected encounter with an old enemy.

Will you be able to overcome old fears, make new friends, salvage the relationship with your family, and find love and adventure?

Maybe you can even find yourself in the middle of all this mess.

Let’s find out!

Genre : Personal development and romance.

• Maximilian/Megan Brown

Sex: Male/female (selectable by player).

Romanceable: Yes, by all MCs.

Nickname: Maxi-boy/Meggy.

Appearance: 6’2 and athletic. M has light peach skin. With baby blue eyes. And jet-black spiky hair (short for Max and long for Megan). Most of the time they wear a flirtatious smile that has caught some people off guard.

M used to be quite rebellious before they met you, a real troublemaker, but now they have reformed. Heck, they even have a good relationship with their family and could be nominated as Miss/Mister popular from having so many friends. M is your best friend, you share many hobbies and dislikes. But above all, they gave you a place to stay when things got rough for you.

And you may have been secretly in love with them for quite some time. If you wanted you could finally come clean about your feelings, or forget about them altogether.

• Oliver/ Olivia Greene

Sex: Male/female (selectable by player).

Nickname: Oli.

Appearance: 5′8, lean build. They have light caramel skin. Oli has short textured chestnut brown wavy hair and forest green expressive eyes.

Oli could be perceived as someone younger than their current age all because of their bubbly and sometimes silly personality. They’re full of energy and easygoing. Their close family is constituted by women only, two older sisters and their mother, leaving Oli as the youngest. They are quite popular with men and women alike. Of all ROs Oli is the friendlier and noblest of all.

• Amelie Hammond

Sex: Female.

Nickname: Melly, Ami.

Appearance: 5′5, with a slender build. She has tanned brown skin and glossy shoulder-length brown hair. She also likes to wear light subtle makeup that highlights her honey-brown eyes.

Amelie is a regular at the coffee shop where Oli works. She usually chooses a secluded place to sit, so she can work in peace on her laptop and always leaves a good tip. Amelie has a soft and calm demeanor but can be pretty direct when she needs to get her point across. She is not a damsel in distress.

• Violet Hayes

Sex: Female.

Romanceable: Only male MCs.

Nickname: Vi.

Appearance: 5′3, hourglass build. She has rosy skin and waist-length dyed hair, and always chooses some eye-catching color. Seriously, you’ve never seen her actual natural color. She’s creative and usually does her makeup depending on her mood and hair dye at the time. She can be persuasive, especially when she looks at you with those beautiful hazel eyes.

When Violet was younger she got into modeling jobs and sadly it didn’t work out as she expected but at least she amassed a large collection of high heels. Then she started working at the bar where she met M. And sometimes it may seem like she is also enamored with M, but you are not sure why she hasn’t said anything to them yet.

• Christopher Graham

Sex: Male.

Romanceable: Only available for mid to late-20s female MCs.

Nickname: What nickname? he doesn’t have any! (Mr. Grumpy).

Appearance: 5′10, slender build. He has light skin and auburn-red messy short hair. Also of notice are his mesmerizing light brown eyes. And, of course, he takes pride in always being well-dressed

He runs an old but well-known and well-kept bakery. His bakery and the local cafe used to compete for the attention and love of new clients sometimes, but neither could declare victory for sure. Since the pastries from the cafe weren’t as successful as his, the owners extended an offer to him (as suggested by Oli), and they became business partners. After all the drama, he and Oli somehow got to be on friendly terms. But don’t let that fool you, he is not the easiest person to get along with, and he can be quite ruthless when he wants to be and even when he doesn’t intend to.

• Alistair Hartfield

Sex: Male.

Nickname: You can decide what to call him when you see him again.

Appearance: 6’0, athletic build. Alistair has fair skin and short slicked-back blonde hair, paired with the most penetrating gray eyes you’ve ever seen.

Alistair usually uses two or three-piece suits to work and hates wearing casual clothing. He also has a killer skincare routine.

He works at his family’s company. And you and he go way back. The two of you met because your dad worked with his father, and both your family and his used to go to the company family picnics they organized. So you had to see each other frequently. He remembers you quite well, but not for reasons you might think.

Demo: https://dashingdon.com/go/13199

Update log:
March/02/2023: 14,000 total word count.

Also, I’m adding my blog if you want to follow the progress more closely or have a question. I will probably be more active on Tumblr :slight_smile:
Red’s Corner on Tumblr

206 Likes

Got an error: prologo line 501: Expected option starting with #)

Also, its weird. The game went all Italic, then went on a loop, and went back to normal.

1 Like

Oh thanks for catching that! I’ll take a look. The parts in italic are supposed to be memories or past events but yeah it can be confusing. I’ll check that too. Thank you again.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I can see why it loops looking at the code.

You have the prologue in the Startup page, so when you reach the end, you go to the next section labeled prologue, effectively causing the game to loop itself once.

1 Like

The demo is set to private.

1 Like

@GrimReaperJr1232 I think…i think it’s fixed now. Thank you for pointing it out.

@Fenrir1 Yes, i was fixing something and catching errors. But it’s back on now! :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, I haven’t read the demo yet but that’s 6’0, there’s no such thing as 5’12 tall :rofl:

EDIT: I would strongly suggest downloading Grammarly. A lot of the I’s in the demo are not capitalized and there are other issues, even in the opening post itself.

2 Likes

lol I guess something like that was bound to happen 'coz i use the metric system. And thanks for the suggestion, I think you’re right, I do need to check the grammar more closely since english is not my first language.

3 Likes

Great game, can’t wait to see more. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Oh, I like the start really much. The whole story sounds cute. I hope you still have fun writing your story. I’m looking forward to read more :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi!
First of all, thank you for taking the time to comment. Sorry for the delay, I had some trouble with my computer and forgot the password to my account where the files are. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: And I had to ask dashingdon for help. So hopefully, I’ll be able to recover my progress soon and add new content to the demo.

And if you want to see extra stuff you can always check my Tumblr. I’m a little more active there.

10 Likes

Hello Everyone! Hope you’re doing okay.

I’ve come to deliver some news, It’s time for an update. It’s a short one, but I didn’t want to keep postponing it any longer. The demo has now over 14,000 words. As always, please let me know if you find any grammar mistakes or bugs. And I’d love to know what you think about it.

16 Likes

I feel personally attacked! I may or may not have (I totally did) named my childhood teddy bear Beary. :joy: I love the story, btw!

1 Like

Ngl this story is exactly my type haha. I really hope to continue playing this and i am always to replay it because i enjoy it so much

2 Likes

Could you put some info on what the game is about on the thread

@_Ashley Lol sorry, I did something similar too. I’m happy you like the story so far. Thanks!

@Kanri I’m glad you get to replay and enjoy the little variations, and don’t worry I’m working on the update slowly but steadily.

@Tempted_MCC Oh, my. I hadn’t realized how vague the first summary was! LOL sorry, I tried to explain a little more now. I hope it helps to give you a better idea of what the story is about.

8 Likes

I’m not sure if you still work on this cute story, @Red but I give your sweet little story a small push xD

6 Likes