Love♡Verse (submitted!)

Thank you! I always intended for it to be a shorter story, but I’m glad you find more potential in it. So far I only have ideas for five chapters (with the fifth chapter being a kind of follow-up on whichever character you chose to romance, with their own unique adventure/story) but if I get more ideas I might try to pad things out a bit :sweat_smile:

Okay, I’ll make sure to include that!

It’s a bit more than that with Tris/tan :sweat_smile: Of all of the ROs, they have the most discrepancy between what they say and how they actually feel They are very much a tsundere in that regard and a complete opposite of Julia/n, who tends to share their feeling without a filter.

Tris/tan, due to their personality and recent history, tends to view things from a more pessimistic and skeptical lens even if their heart is telling them otherwise.

There is a line they say during the date in chapter 3 that goes something like “I won’t say I’m in love”, which is a direct reference to this song:

Similar to Megara in the song, Tris/tan doesn’t want to aknowledge being romantically interested in the MC due to their unfortunate past experience. :sweat_smile:

As for the polyamory thing, Tris/tan isn’t actually opposed to it, but rather they view it as too good to be true, so they dismiss it outright as a “flight of fancy”.

That said, I might alter the writing a bit to make it more clear! :blush:

That’s a good suggestion! :slight_smile:

:smiling_imp:

Thank you so much! :blush:

I’ll try to make it longer if I get more ideas :sweat_smile:

Oh wow, thank you! :blush:

Speaking of my writing, I have three other games you could check out if you’re interested :wink:

5 Likes

Do we have a physical description of the ROs at all?

1 Like

@BlackJimmy88 I kinda avoided them so far, partially due to not having a clear image of the ROs’ appearances in my head, and partially out of wanting the players to pick ROs based on personality.

I might add some more physical descriptions later, we’ll see :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s fair. Thanks for responding :slight_smile:
Just finished the current demo, and I’m really enjoying it

2 Likes

I have previously checked out all three of them and enjoyed the immensely.

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

Whoa, really?! Thank you so much! :smiley:

My guess is that the dectetive wants revenge for his dead wife and is using the MC. Now I feel really bad for telling him about Noel and the urge, I put my baby in danger :face_holding_back_tears:

14 Likes

So it is once again confirmed, I am in fact a giant floozy. I will run around and make out with anyone who lets me… although Julie cheers and claps most of the time. Does that make her a voyeuristic floozy?

Also I’m not sure why anyone would kidnap me, apparently if you feed me and flirt I’ll go anywhere you want.

9 Likes

They don’t mind sharing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Julia’s reaction when kissing the detective was another flag.

Her instincts must be good.

5 Likes

I find some of Julia/n’s characterisation in this chapter a little bizarre? In the opening it seems like they’re very much monogamous and want the MC for themself - telling Leon/ie (when they make it clear they’re interested in the MC) that the MC is taken and that people can’t have two soulmates - yet in the latest chapter (if you take them with you on your other dates) they very much seem to be of the opposite opinion. With Tris/tan they outright state that they don’t mind sharing with them (and are very enthusiastic if you kiss Noel/le). Just seems rather incongruent with how they’ve came across in the first chapter in my opinion.

4 Likes

That’s because Leon/ie doesn’t feel the Urge towards the MC, whereas Tris/tan and Noel/le both do, and Julia/n is a firm believer in the idea of the Urge guiding people towards their soulmates :blush:

4 Likes

first time i played chapter 3 i sent julian home. decided to replay and take him to every single date and oh my god that was so funny i loved it sm

8 Likes

I still feel like that isn’t properly expressed in the text though (in my opinion at least)? Especially in the instance with Noel/le, because (I just tried it) you can kiss them in Julia/n’s presence without having told the latter about what Noel/le said to you - thus they shouldn’t know that Noel/le has the Urge for the MC - so you would think they would be bothered by you doing that, yet they’re very much enthusiastic about it (though presumably they wouldn’t have been if we’d done the same with Leon/ie based on their reactions to them earlier, even though, based on the information they have, it’s the same scenario?)

“I’m sorry, but Gabriel is already taken. One person can’t have two soulmates,” Julia states, sounding like she genuinely feels bad for Leonie.

The way that is written makes it seems like she firmly believes that you can only have one soulmate (Urge or not) - and in her case she’s adamant that it’s her. So her then seemingly being on-board on the MC being with other people just because said people claim to be their soulmate too still seems like a rather radical change in opinion, if you ask me (based on her earlier behaviour, you’d think there would be a little more reticence on her end).

Personally speaking (I don’t believe in the concept of soulmates in real-life but assuming I did) if I was convinced that I was someone else’s soulmate, if someone else then also claimed to be the person I was interested in’s soulmate, my immediate reaction wouldn’t be “ooh, we can both be with them!”. I don’t know, it’s probably just the fact that I’m very much monogamous in both games and my real life, so I find it a little odd :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll need to fix that part :sweat_smile:

At that point, they did only believe that, but discovering that there are others who feel the Urge towards the MC made them reconsider :blush:

So are they only ok with MC being with other people as long as those other people also have the Urge? Like, presumably if MC wanted to be with both them and Noel/le they’d be ok with that, but not if, say, they wanted to be with both them and Leon/ie (because the latter doesn’t feel the Urge?)?

2 Likes

At this point in the story, I would say yes, although them spending time with Leon/ie (if they were present for that date) makes them like them more and thus be more open to the idea of including them.

1 Like

Damn tho that plot twist

3 Likes

Sacré bleu!!! I’ve been abducted!!

6 Likes

An interesting concept, I can’t wait to see the updates and read the full plot.

1 Like