Lords of Aswick - Out Now!

104%?.. what did you have to sacrifice to get that high a skill good sir?..

Not much, I simply did all I could for The Church.

to any who had the bastard born son with margy… did you make him your heir even if you had a true born son?.. does bastardy affect your first son even if you married the mother(margy) anyway?..

Yes.

If you have a bastard son you can:

1. Make him your heir.

2. Send him away to become a monk.

3. Keep him around and later send him to someone who will train him as a knight while naming another son as your heir.

If I remember correctly, if you pick the 3rd option you get some text saying that your sons will wait until you’re dead to fight each other for your titles.

i see… it’s either i make my bastard son into a monk, or make my second/trueborn son into a monk or else they fight each other… i guess the 2nd one has justifiable cause since he is the trueborn son though…
it just seems weird that they would still treat the bastard as a bastard even if you married margy, since in all sense and purpose, you still marry the mother of the child… oh well, different customs back then right?..

I don’t think the second son can be sent to become a monk. That option is only available for the bastardborn son.

1 Like

maybe it’s an RNG thing?.. because my choices are, and im quoting what i see: (im staring at it right now since i didn’t pass this point yet after i posted a while ago)

1. bastard son remains my heir, send my second son to the church.
  2. bastard son remains my heir, but my second son will be a warrior. Send him to be a squire.
  3. second son must be my heir. I will tutor him as my squire and teach him all he needs to know personally. (so i guess bastard son remains at church? since i chose to send him there when he was 3 so that the monks could teach him to be a humble and knowledgable heir)

either way, i don’t want to deny my bastard son of his inheritance to be heir and since he’s legitimized, i can’t really lower him in succession, but the second son has his inheritance by right as a true born… so i guess mini succession war when my earl dies i guess… haha…

2 Likes

No, it’s not a RNG thing. You had it right, the second son can be sent away. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10/10 would sex up Lady Elizabeth again.

5 Likes

I am absolutely loving this discussion about paths. It has also brought to light a few mistakes I’ve made which shall be corrected when I get through my to-do list. Which still includes finishing an almost full rewrite to make sure the sentences don’t skip tense quite so often.

A bit of both. It’ll have an effect, but it’s also one of the more difficult things you might get during a run.

During the very first hastilude you can go to as a squire, you can hear some details about the Valmagne efforts that continue to carry over years afterwards. Valmagne is involved with the southern crusades, but not really. They have more or less departed from the fight to make sure their countryside doesn’t fall apart. In this case, the King of Valmagne has managed to form enough good will in the Varian courts and in the Holy Seat that he can push his (refutable) claim on land without such repercussions.

It is a lot of behind the scenes politics that I hinted towards but did not expand upon very much in the story.

1 Like

TBH, I myself like the fact that the behind the scenes politics weren’t really explained, but were hinted at slightly. To me, it feels more real. I mean, how would your character know everything about other nations? They may know a little, but they certainly wouldn’t know everything, and the politics of your own nation you knew much more of, and things were more fleshed out there/explained to me.
claps
I quite like your decisions with this game. Its still one of my favorites XD

My reasoning exactly,

@Goshman
Lords of Aswick is a top tier game, good job mate.

1 Like

Wow, Lucia poisoned me - even after I saved her family from being murdered by the Lowlanders. What a bitch!

Is there any way to escape her mariticidal tendencies? I’ve tried reloading a couple of times without success. Also, if the MC’s spouse has the option of murdering them, then it seems only fair to give the MC the same opportunity.

1 Like

She wouldn’t just poison you for the hell of it. :laughing: You know what you did…

@CaballeroDeAndromeda I’m not sure that I did anything to particularly upset her. Seems more like it’s a political marriage, and she murders you when you’re no longer useful.

2 Likes

With Lucia it’s totally a political marriage. Did you support her brother and King John in the Succession War? Did you stayed faithful to her? Did you tell her about all the Druilochs getting killed? I don’t know if any of this stops her from killing but at least it won’t upset her.

I know discussion on this game has wound down, but I feel like talking about it, since I’ve played it more than is probably healthy since I’ve bought it.

I’ve done four run-throughs, mostly with high courtesy characters. But my latest run, where I finally decided to go with a good amount of piety, ended up being my favorite.

Aerae Vulgaris: 1289
Name: Rourke de Essic
Wealth: You are a true noble with well governed lands and people.
Style: Grandmaster of the Holy Order of the Vigil.
Heraldry: Vert, a Boar rampant Or, trampling a sabre in base proper embowed argent garnished Or
Valor: 82%
Nobility: 67%
Courtesy: 45%
Piety: 67%
Humility: 75%

Obviously, there are horrible downsides to the Crusades ending (sorry, Stephen). But the fact that I not only granted my bastard son Armand a county and a viscounty, as well as turning a sorry bunch of ragged monks into a political powerhouse in not-Cyprus, was impressive. The tragic fact that my sons will forever see me as a traitor that they have been forced to live in the shadow of, and not as a loving father, hardened warrior, and great statesman that tried to do right by his country, did kind of… well, bring down the mood.

Still, 10/10.

3 Likes

@Goshman will you ever update the game?.. like a few fixes and such?.. because i noticed, and i’m not sure it’s been brought up yet but after winning the war for stephen, i was asked to join his council but it had this “you will lead my army as lord high constable (due to my 70+ valour) , you will supervise the kingdom’s castles as lord high steward (dute to my 60+ in stewardship)” but when i checked my stats, i was only lord high steward but i thought it was just a typo but when the north raiders invaded, i wasn’t leading the army because i wasn’t the lord high constable… will you ever fix this like say, what’s your highest stat is what your position is because as of right now, all my “canon” playthroughs can’t be high constable even when my valour is the highest… just airing my experience… :smile:

You have to have decent stats all around to become lord high constable.