Lordirish Presents the 5th Annual CScomp

@Sashira @Lordirish There is more nuance for mine :wink: but more the merrier and for the better I say!

Kismet, that perfect match, that person that completes the player character, true love even. Carefully defined and well thought out character development will be needed. Stating that the PC goes weak in the knees and swoons when npc X walks by will not cut it (That is telling a player what to think not showing them a big no-no in interactive fiction). Yes, this is a very subjective matter, but with well thought out characters and planning ahead and clearly designing your characters will make this endeavor easier. Yah I know I said that before, but it is a clue to help you.

Go to any thread (with like a bazillion posts) on this forum (includes WIPS) you will notice 2 things mainly a compelling story and compelling characters that compliment that story. Now it is to take it to the next step and to get into the player’s character mind and take it to the next step.

That is the requirements for mine :wink:

Also, I think our ideas complement each other’s @Sashira so win win?

7 Likes

Y’all are blowing me out of the water on your sponsorships. I gotta match 'em. @LordIrish pming you :laughing:

7 Likes

So I’m hoping that the year’s theme will be compatible with romance, considering the sponsorships, but the massochist in my mind is telling me it’s probably going to be the least-romantically compatible theme yet. : P

@Curious_Boy Or, do what I did my first year, and learn CS during the contest as you go. :slight_smile:

@Wraith teases, quoting Alistair ‘Yes, swooping is bad’ XD Been a while, I look forward to another fun contest this year.

10 Likes

I personally don’t mind the artwork.

7 Likes

Eric Moser is our latest awesome sponsor. You can find the details in the first post.

12 Likes

It’s really been a year! I am so excited to join this time, now that I’ve stopped lurking (as much) and have made an account.

Ahhh, I’m so excited. Writing to a theme and reading all the new games gives me life. Have fun everyone!

[And the sponsorships are :clap:. Hype overload.]

8 Likes

Wow we have some great sponsors this year and I want to add @ChibaHateme to the list. You can find the details in the first post.

12 Likes

@ChibaHateme Good category! Maybe my bizarre circus game would have won a prize if you’d been sponsoring that year. :smile:

5 Likes

You might surpise yourself ask @Fiogan :slight_smile: hence why I love this category XD.

3 Likes

not taking part this year coz my coding is sh*t still and school (kill me), but supporting everyone who is doing it and be the minute cheerleader on the internet constantly saying ‘you can do it’!

2 Likes

I would so like to enter. Even if my spelling sucks and my coding skills leave something to be desired. (I’m still thinking about it though).

I do have a question. From where do we sent the email? From our personal email address or through the site?

@Lordirish Also I would love to become a sponsor if there is still room. (There was info on this but i still didn’t get how it works.)

3 Likes

Just email from your personal email as we send info out only to those registered… Yes there is still time to be a sponsor. You can PM me with what you are thinking.

2 Likes

@AidenCzar has joined our awesome list of sponsors. Details are posted in the first link.

5 Likes

Ooooh I’d like to enter.

3 Likes

We are at the halfway mark. Still plenty of room to sign up. Some great prize money up for grabs thanks to our sponsors.

9 Likes

Ugh, if I only I weren’t eyeballs deep into our sequel and other busywork! I wish everyone luck, however, and will be eager to read the results. Maybe next year (I tell myself hopefully). :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

I probably wont end up submitting anything, but just in case I’d like to sign up. :smile:

5 Likes

Always been curious when I read the entry scores, what’s the judging criteria? (S, BC, BRB, BCD, MVS) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is a good question that has been on my list to add. Give me a few minutes and I will post.

2 Likes

I have added it to the first post, but here it is as well.

What you will be judged on
Style 1-10 +
Length 1-10 +
Technical 1-10 +
Theme 1-10 +
Enjoyment 1-10 +
Errors 1-10 -
Inclusiveness 1-10 +
Personal score 1-10 +

5 Likes