Lordirish presents 2nd Annual CScomp

@Sandstorm By posting here is all you need to do so have added you to the brave souls taking the plunge. :slight_smile:

@CJW I agree whole heartedly and do hope most, if not all, do share their work.

@Everyone I pleased to say @Aera has joined the list of judges. ^^

We have one spot left to be a judge as @Protagonist and @fantom have jioned the ranks. :smiley:

i would like to join but i will not be able to accept the money as i am in my early teens and have no means of accepting payment if that is alright then i am up for it, just to get me some insparation to write and understand what is the level of my writing and how much i want to improve.

@Prototype
It’s easy to set up a PayPal account. I’d think 5minutes of your time is worth $150+

@Prototype it is easy or have a parent or guardian set up one for you. I would hate to see you win and not recieve the prize money. :slight_smile:

well that is if i win, but still is it possible because at this age money is hardly worht anything, if not then i would try to set up an account or just wait till i am a little older

Can’t wait to see what you submit @Prototype :slight_smile:

@Lordirish I’ve finally taken a look around Choice of Box (really nice site you put up by the way!) and I’ve stumbled upon this, but I’m still not sure what the competition is about. What do we have to have at the end of the competition? A finished game? What are the requirements and deadlines? What is it going to be judged on? I’d love to participate if this is occurring in May, but I’d most likely only be able to take part in the latter part of May, since I have my final exams that month.

Also on a side note, I’m really surprised that you added my WIP to the directory even if I disappeared for a long time. Thank you!

@Random Thank you, but the site is still very much under development for the time being.

As far as the comp goes it is a fun motivated tool to get the writing juices going. You do not have to turn in a finished game. We will be judging on depth, style, replay ability, and immersion to name a few. All submissions will have to be in be midnight, when the timer reaches 0, to be considered. Would really love to see what you can do.

No problem was happy to add you the CoG Directory. :slight_smile:

The best way to choose a date would be to just go with what the judges want because i am sure there will be many contestents but the judges are limited. Plus if this is anything like an officail contest then you just give us the date that it will start and the ones that can manage the time will join. This will also make it much likely for the judges to stay.

@Prototype the dates are set now.

are you allowed to give us a wider theme right now so like: a realistic theme, Fantasy theme, Sci-fi theme. So we can build the characters to that level and set atleast a minor storyline.

And are we allowed to modify the choicescript (make it prettier, add music, add inventory system? )

@Prototype the point is to start all at one time.

You can change it however you wish. ^^

Oh well guess even a little bit counts, i believe that the theme would require little to no research because if it’s about politic i am fucked (i don’t pay attension in history) hopefully what i believe is true :stuck_out_tongue:

And k thanx

@Prototype the theme will be fairly vague so there is plenty of room to interpretation.

My tablet is not showing the page so I left it then after like an hour it loaded, but the timer is now showing lols :smiley: My tablet must be messing with me :expressionless:

I am excited, only 28 days till the opening of the contest. We are still looking for one judge.

Yay

@PORT3R :smiley:

@Everyone We now have our last judge @Jackrabbit. So now just have to count down the time till we kick it off.

@Lordirish remember I’m Mara now. If not you will have a mute judge . Glad we are settled at last. I hope this year see amazing proyects.