Line of comments at the top

I’m not sure if this has already been asked, but are we required to leave the top 16 lines of comment code in each of the text files while editing game code? The one that states Dan Fabulich’s copyright and mentions the license.

I don’t think I’ve seen a Hosted Game that had these lines in any of its text files. Granted I’m not looking at the codes often, but I’m pretty sure it’s not a requirement of any kind.

1 Like

Got it! Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t infringing on any copyrights or anything like that.

Plus I figured that would affect word count in the game’s code :joy:

Are you sure you’re not just talking about the ending file? That usage and copyright info at the top of the file which you shouldn’t remove. It’s16 lines.

I saw it in multiple, it’s definitely in the startup file.

Per the License agreement “Non-commercial usage and modification of the works is permitted
provided that (1) the ChoiceScript license is retained with the works, so that any entity that uses the works is notified of this license,” So you need to include the license.txt or otherwise include the license in the work when distributing it but besides that no you don’t need anything else.

2 Likes

That would make sense. I try to keep the file as is and only edit for game content