Lasting Creations

You’re an Artisan, a person who can breathe life into their paintings. Bearing this gift means you have to hide it because society is not positive about your kind. Not yet.

You had an idea, and though most Artisans keep their identity a secret, you’ve taken a gamble and become a tutor for people like you. There’s a long way ahead through an unknown territory and no instruction how to survive it and achieve success, but you’re managing for now.

You continue doing your work, when one day the very people you try to avoid come to your door for help. Erasers, an organization formed with the goal to annihilate wild Creations and catch reckless Artisans, need your contacts to find a local troublemaker because there’s no one else who knows as many Artisans as you do.

But the more you look into it, the more you realize the culprit is not just another Artisan losing control of their power or preying on the weak to earn a living.

The disorder they make threatens to ruin everything you wish to salvage, and yet, you might have a lot more in common than you think.

Lasting Creations is an urban fantasy character-driven story with romance and a bit of mystery.

Features
  • Play as female, male, or non-binary.
  • Navigate your relationships with the local clans, but tread carefully: they could become a helping hand in desperate times or a push down the stairs.
  • Romance four different characters, each of whom has a personal interest in the case you’re dragged into. (Two women, one non-binary person, and one man).
  • Your family is not as it was. One incident from the past stands between you like an invisible wall. How will you handle them when they come back into your life? Will you manage to recover your relationship?
Romance Options

(A quick note: people in this world has longer life expectancy, starting from 200 years and up to 500, though it depends on their race.)

Marcelle Montarac
She is a Shadow Weaver and the only daughter of the chief of the clan Ceres. Many thought she would follow in her mother’s footsteps and train to become the next chief, but Marcelle left her clan and hasn’t visited them since then. Previously a member of a popular music band, now she works with you in the art school as a guard, protecting you and your pupils from wild Creations they sometimes make by accident. Marcelle is not dissatisfied with her life even if it has deteriorated, but a regret nags on her mind. Can you help her face it after years of running away?
Appearance: 29 years old, looks late 20s. She has obsidian black skin, an oval face with full lips, and a pointed chin; her eyes are black with thick eyelashes; straight black hair flows to her waist with several thin braids tied with silver rubber bands. Height: 186 cm/6’1’’.

Acin Soltis
They are a Shadow Weaver and the chief of the clan Soltis. Their family has ruled the clan for centuries, but now they are the only one left, with a responsibility they never wanted to have, the weight of their mistakes and decisions sometimes too hard to carry. Acin appears to be lazy and nonchalant, but they’re serious about their role and have been working hard to rebuild their relationship with the local clans. They will do everything in their powers to protect their people. Perhaps you will find something in common in between you in that regard.
Appearance: 41 years old, looks late 20s. They have pale ivory skin; their face is narrow, with cat-lie ice blue eyes, high cheekbones, and a chiseled jaw; their straight white hair is long, past their shoulders. Acin wears a black pendant in the form of a sun with three rays. Height: 189 cm/6’3’’.

Ange Vissaac
He is a rahsha (a fancy word for “mage”) and a member of the clan Volantis, one of the three most influential rahsha clans in the city. People say he can find everything and everyone, by any means possible, but you know he’s good at making things vanish, too. Many believe he has close ties with the chief of his clan and does his bidding, but even if it isn’t true, Ange’s loyalties still lie with his clan. Should you trust him?
Appearance: 36 years old, looks late 20s. He has rich black skin, round brown eyes, sharp cheekbones, and a thick scar above his left brow; his head is shaven. Three simple gold rings adorn his fingers, each for a life he wants to remember. Height: 184 cm/6’0’’.

Ayil Nazarene
She’s a reputable dancer and a member of the clan Volantis, though she’s not a rahsha. Ayil has a secret that could overturn not only her life, but the lives of her family and friends too, if it doesn’t kill her before they learn the truth. She dreams of burying her secret in the past, but she knows it won’t help: you can’t change your nature no matter how good you’re at playing the role. Can you get close enough to discover who she truly is?
Appearance: 31 years old, looks mid-20s. She has tawny beige skin and long blonde hair that softly curls around her wiry body; her face is oval, with a delicate nose and hooded amber eyes. She wears small gold earrings and has a tattoo on the inside of her right arm that says “gone, but alive.” Height: 173 cm/5’8’’.

I plan to focus on the romance routes, meaning there won’t be a friendship route (at least for now). The MC’s family plays an important role in the plot, and you won’t be able to completely alienate them; I understand it could be a dealbreaker for some, but this part of the story stays unchanging because I want to explore family relationships (mostly between siblings). I’m open for feedback on all other aspects, though!

You can read the demo here. I hope you enjoy it!
You cal also message me on my blog.

198 Likes

OwO what’s this? Another good WIP to read? Well… Don’t mind if I do~

4 Likes

Just finished the demo and I liked it. Looks promising! I’m keeping an eye out for it :smiley:

2 Likes

Definitely I’m gonna bookmark this story :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Well the plot is quiet intriguing. Really looking forward to see how the story will turn out :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Honestly the plot to this sounds extremely interesting! Excited to play the demo!
I’ll be sure to let you know my thoughts afterwards :heart: :relaxed:

1 Like

This really is one Pog wip, especially the plot. Plus just imagine how cool it’d be to fight using our art. It probably doesn’t work like that but it’d still be cool!
Also really love that you can edit your families names’. It might not be cool to others but by gods its cool to me!

1 Like

Marce said i was a girl even tho i didnt choose my gender. But great story so far i will keep my eye on it :yum:

5 Likes

Really interesting concept! I’m already hooked on this story! Hope you have fun writing it :smiley:

1 Like

Overall what you have now is really well done, I especially liked the chemistry between Freyr and MC.
I also ran into the gender issue but otherwise the choices went along seamlessly with the story! I’ll be sure to look out for your updates! :smile:

2 Likes

Oh my God…the plot is SO unique! It’s refreshing and ABSOLUTELY interesting!!! I can’t wait for the next update :'D

1 Like

God I love this, it is so fascinating and I love how we can interact with our sibling and just the premise of the story. Honestly can not wait to see more of this

1 Like

I thank you for all your comments, I really appreciate them! :heart:
About the gender issue: I had a pre-made MC for this at the start and probably missed something because I worked on the first chapter for a week nonstop; my brain doesn’t process what I’m reading anymore, I’m sorry! :joy_cat:. I’ll look into it and fix it since the gender choice will be present later.

I also will write a post about the romance options soon. I thought I didn’t want to spoiler much, but now I kind of want to introduce them.

Upd.: Fixed Marcelle’s words.

8 Likes

Not even half way down and I already love your writing. Can’t wait to read more of it…:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Late delivery with the RO’s descriptions. I can’t edit the post so I’ll leave it here.

(A quick note: people in this world has longer life expectancy, starting from 200 years and up to 500, though it depends on their race.)

Romance Options

Marcelle Montarac
She is a Shadow Weaver and the only daughter of the chief of the clan Ceres. Many thought she would follow in her mother’s footsteps and train to become the next chief, but Marcelle left her clan and hasn’t visited them since then. Previously a member of a popular music band, now she works with you in the art school as a guard, protecting you and your pupils from wild Creations they sometimes make by accident. Marcelle is not dissatisfied with her life even if it has deteriorated, but a regret nags on her mind. Can you help her face it after years of running away?
Appearance: 29 years old, looks late 20s. She has obsidian black skin, an oval face with full lips, and a pointed chin; her eyes are black with thick eyelashes; straight black hair flows to her waist with several thin braids tied with silver rubber bands. Height: 186 cm/6’1’’.

Acin Soltis
They are a Shadow Weaver and the chief of the clan Soltis. Their family has ruled the clan for centuries, but now they are the only one left, with a responsibility they never wanted to have, the weight of their mistakes and decisions sometimes too hard to carry. Acin appears to be lazy and nonchalant, but they’re serious about their role and have been working hard to rebuild their relationship with the local clans. They will do everything in their powers to protect their people. Perhaps you will find something in common in between you in that regard.
Appearance: 41 years old, looks late 20s. They have pale ivory skin; their face is narrow, with cat-lie ice blue eyes, high cheekbones, and a chiseled jaw; their straight white hair is long, past their shoulders. Acin wears a black pendant in the form of a sun with three rays. Height: 189 cm/6’3’’.

Ange Vissaac
He is a rahsha (a fancy word for “mage”) and a member of the clan Volantis, one of the three most influential rahsha clans in the city. People say he can find everything and everyone, by any means possible, but you know he’s good at making things vanish, too. Many believe he has close ties with the chief of his clan and does his bidding, but even if it isn’t true, Ange’s loyalties still lie with his clan. Should you trust him?
Appearance: 36 years old, looks late 20s. He has rich black skin, round brown eyes, sharp cheekbones, and a thick scar above his left brow; his head is shaven. Three simple gold rings adorn his fingers, each for a life he wants to remember. Height: 184 cm/6’0’’.

Ayil Nazarene
She’s a reputable dancer and a member of the clan Volantis, though she’s not a rahsha. Ayil has a secret that could overturn not only her life, but the lives of her family and friends too, if it doesn’t kill her before they learn the truth. She dreams of burying her secret in the past, but she knows it won’t help: you can’t change your nature no matter how good you’re at playing the role. Can you get close enough to discover who she truly is?
Appearance: 31 years old, looks mid-20s. She has tawny beige skin and long blonde hair that softly curls around her wiry body; her face is oval, with a delicate nose and hooded amber eyes. She wears small gold earrings and has a tattoo on the inside of her right arm that says “gone, but alive.” Height: 173 cm/5’8’’.

5 Likes

I made your first post a Wiki, at Basic level you can not edit a post after 24 hours has gone by.

1 Like

The demo was intriguing! Your writing was solid, the premise seems great (reminds me a bit of Cannonfire Concerto) and not to mention, creating parrots :grin:

Good luck! I’ll be looking forward to this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Really looking forward to seeing where this goes. So far I love the tone. The story did reference me as Evander’s sister, if you haven’t caught that one yet.

1 Like

Sounds interesting look forward for this

1 Like

The plot is so refreshing and unique! I am looking forward to the rest :relaxed:

1 Like