Larkin (WIP)

Alright, I still haven’t gotten a chance to play it again, but I forgot to give my first thoughts on the game. Honestly, I really really enjoyed it. I loved the different ways the MC could react to and feel about Wyatt. The MC feels strong enough to be a competent vampire hunter, but strong enough to feel overpowered, which I find is very hard to do, so kudos for that.

I don’t have many suggestions for improvements or additions yet, though that could change once I get a chance to replay it. Overall though, this was fantastic and I’m excited to see where it goes.

Congrats on the progress!

I assume you’re using Choicescript IDE? If you are, you can:

1. Open the Choicescript IDE app.
  2. Open your story in app.
  3. Right click on the title bar of your story (where you toggle visibility, save scenes, add a new scene, and run the project).
  4. Scroll down the drop down menu to Test Project .
  5. Select either Quicktest or Random test.

2 Likes

Now when I finished the demo - I love it. The story is intriguing, the setting is unusual, the relationship with "father " can be very different, MC has a variety of reactions and I really like it. Good job

3 Likes

I really liked the story so far. The beginning draws you in. The slower pace while getting to know the characters is fitting. I am interested in reading more. Good Work.

2 Likes

Thanks again! I actually had no idea about the choicescript ide lol, I’ve been mostly using atom so this is a great help!

3 Likes

Good luck! Using the Choicescript IDE is much easier I’ve found!

3 Likes

I like what you’ve got going here. :ok_hand: Keep it up! I am also curious if you (MC) would have a choice to become a vampire or not at some point of the story. Kind of like fighting the shadows from the shadows. That would make an interesting twist, :laughing: An immortal vampire hunter. Just a thought :ok_hand:

1 Like

Not sure how that’s meant to work, given the tools for destroying them are often harmful just to the touch to them. On top of that, as a “fledgling” you wouldn’t really have much resistance to the influence of your “parent”… More likely than not, being turned would be a bad end, depending on how the final words of that could be interpreted. :thinking:

2 Likes