Keeper of the Day and Night (Discussion)

No, they don’t really change or affect anything.

1 Like

Thank you for this. I’ll probably try to keep my Keeper willpower up next time. :joy: Another question for non Leon routes: does the MC have an active participation in matching up Astrid and Leon or you could still friends with both without matching them up? I’m planning to do a Yakov or Cyrus route next and I have to admit that I tend to be a bit of protective when it comes to my favorite ROs. ^^;

1 Like

Yeah, I think if you don’t bet on them getting together they won’t date?

1 Like

If you encourage them to apologize/accept the apology, and don’t bet against it/think they are terrible together, they get together (my PC stayed out of the betting entirely, but not because he thought they were terrible together; he had other things on his mind then).

1 Like

Also, who else can we matchmake? I only know Leon+Astrid, Kol+(uhh Reyna Brother I believe?). I swear I heard from somewhere that Thalia can be matchmake too. But Idk with who, bc I never got that scene?

Leon and Astrid are the only ones who require matchmaking. Kol and Thalia will both end up in relationships on their own, just so long as they’re not dating MC.

6 Likes

ooh, I thought Kol and Thalia need matchmaking too.

He is Alty is very precious. :hugs: :smiling_imp:

My mc hated his sperm donor even more for abusing his cute boyfriend for his nefarious projects. Alty’s intentions may have been noble, but we just know Lysander is going to misuse this all in the pursuit of profit. :angry: The road to hell and good intentions and all that. :worried:

My mc really tried to talk Alty out of involvement with Lysander and PMI. In hindsight this could also be chalked up to one of the misunderstandings my mc and Alty have due to the fact that they both love to keep their secrets. :sweat_smile:
My mc sees Alty being (ab)used by his sperm donor, like the Constellation project all over again, while Alty thinks my mc is questioning his intelligence and competence while what my mc is actually objecting to is being involved in likely nefarious business by Lysander and PMI, but Alty does not know my mc has his own connections to Lysander and PMI. :sweat_smile:

I felt my mc was more helpless this time actually…we still obviously know quite a bit less about the legal, cultural etc stuff than the others and it continues to bite the mc in the ass throughout the book. Moreover and more annoyingly the mc is prevented from practising the best kind of self care by easing up on their overburdened schedule the only way that is feasible, by transitioning from a full time to a part time student.
Maybe, like remedial magic, this goes together with the point above and the mc does not know it is an option and/or nobody takes them seriously when they do voice their concerns because the mc does not have the knowledge, connections or stature to stand up for themselves.

I mean, as far as the limited and purely reactionary influence of the mc goes, we cannot even confront Lysander over the shit he pulled with Alty! :unamused:

I think that therapy and mental health care is one of the things the magical world is much worse at than even our contemporary one and therapy is really just in its infancy in the magical world. I think there was a bit on the Tumblr about how in the magical world Magi is progressive for even offering student counselling services…never mind their actual quality and professionalism. Really magical world mental health care, specifically therapy, feels like a throwback to dr, Freud and penis envy. :sweat:
It’s really too bad the secrecy requirements prevent the mc from using, a normal, human trained therapist. Best case here would be we find someone who works as a human psychiatrist but who, like Lucas, already has knowledge of the magical work, so we can speak freely with them without suffering through the backwards ways of magical mental healthcare.

Normal keepers are, the mc is not. Mostly due to them lacking detailed knowledge of the world.
They also already have the most potent weapon against the mc that there is, at least Patil and maybe Celosia do If it were revealed the mc’s Keeper thing is artificial it would probably not end well for the mc

3 Likes

Do you guys know what the answer is to this question: What’s a limitation of peripheral elemental manipulation compared to affinity elemental manipulation?

It’s harder to use

Thanks, everyone! :blush: Any requests for book three? My goal is to have a demo out by mid May.

Responses

Hi! So far sanity hasn’t had a major impact in books one or two, so I was fine keeping it hidden. If it ends up being important in book three, I’ll of course make it visible

Be a nephilim or magician

Yes

Not many, since most don’t put in the effort to learn

Stronger offense/defense, more maneuverability

In general, no

If you’re on their friend route in book two

No promises, since book three is already going to be huge, but I do enjoy wiring Gisela, so if I have inspiration maybe

Book three is set while everyone’s still in college, but you’re free to imagine what happens afterwards!

elemental

Fun fact: I planned for that to happen, then decided that I’m not THAT mean :grin:

25 Likes

Wow you are working quick

2 Likes

One I must say I love your stories. I bought both today and must say I haven’t Put them down you have done a great job spreading out the over arching story throughout the different character routes bravo sir. I do have a question. Since we have the option of taking armed magic combat (believe that is the class title) will be be able to use weapons in the next book/ pick besides a gun? Again very well done sir and congratulations on the release of b2

1 Like

Why do I feel like poisoning Celosia will not end well at all?

Also, can a kitsune make a tangible illusion (similar to the Mirage Arcana, Programmed Illusion, Simulacrum and Creation spells from DnD 5e)? That would be my request for book 3.

4 Likes

So i finally finished my first playthrough and of course it was absolutely amazing. I remembered being incredibly amazed during the beta test and being able to play this officially is just delightful so thank you @daydreamsincolor for your awesome works. In celebration i have finished drawing 2 of my mcs and write some infos about them. I’d love to hear everyone’s thought about them :grinning:

Luna

Her name is Luna Rivercrest, an ice-manipulating nephilim major in healing with golden wings nicely contrast to her boyfriend Cyrus’s gray wings. She has wavy platinum blond hair, blue eyes and light skin, standing at 5’4. An incredibly kind, sweet and gentle soul at heart, Luna is always friendly, caring, calm and understanding to everyone, even those who don’t deserve it, she also has a playful side when around her loved ones. Though not exactly shy, Luna has a tendecy to hold back her feelings and sometimes even her needs for the sake of others which escalates even further after being told she’s a keeper believing it’s her responsibility to help people with everything she has and more. This started mostly from her growing up with only her mom and not wanting to burden her in any ways.

When Luna found out that she’s a nephilim, she was overjoyed cause what’s better to help people than being an angel descendant right? Well after being kidnapped and mind controlled by her boyfriend’s dad order then failling to save Kol then being compelled again by Reyna to free her to say she’s disillusioned, traumatized and guilt-ridden is an understatement. This is one of the reasons why she loves Cyrus so much with his honesty and protectiveness, after becoming a keeper he’s the only one she feels safe enough to allowed herself to be vulnerable and let it all out.

Ember

Ember Laelynn is a magician majoring in ritual magic and potion and was living her best magical girl life with her boyfriend Yakov until reality hit her harder than Thalia during training. She has wavy black hair, amber eyes and tan skin, she’s 5’2" and absolutely loves it, especially with her giant of a boyfriend. Ember is an outgoing, bright, kindhearted and energetic girl who loves pretty much anything fantasy-related, especially fairy tales so even though she was a bit disappointed that she’s still a human, being surrounded by everything in her wildest fantasies is more than a dream comes true. With that said, Ember’s reason for loving fairy tales is a bit sad: she used to read them to console herself whenever her parents are away or can’t spend time with her and she also feels like they don’t really support her interests which lead to even more distance in their relationship. However after the truth is revealed, despite being annoyed her parents didn’t trust her enough to tell her sooner, she starts to understand them more and appreciates their efforts for trying considering their bad history with magic.

As for Ember’s feeling about being a keeper, she was excited at first but gradually she starts to feel insecure due to the fact she’s still just a human and might have bitten off more than she can chew. She tries to appear confident and cheerful as always to make people feel at ease but inside she’s constantly doubting herself, successfully capturing Reyna only make her feel even more pressured to keep up with the high expectation of NMC. Luckily she has her calm and reassuring boyfriend to keep her grounded.

Also pls tell me i’m not the only one who find Dominic more attractive after the reveal i mean i like him before but now :eyes: god i’m really exposing my villain fucker ass huh fingers crossed that he get a redemption arc and become a ro

9 Likes

Thank goodness that you didn’t push through. I would be very, very devastating.

Very nice drawing! :slight_smile: Your Keeprs are quite adorable!

2 Likes

God. I know right?

Also I love your drawings and their in-depth background. :+1:

1 Like

Oh it totally won’t go well, probably because one of our suite mates is a mind reading nymph. If she ever finds out who knows what her reaction would be.

Still excited to watch it all blow up in my MC’s face though. I love making objectively stupid choices that will have terrible consequences but are in character.

4 Likes

Omg omg omg I didn’t know it was possible to get NEGATIVE stat points!!! My poor dumb blonde baby!

image|281x500

1 Like

I actually think that if you are on her route, Sera would find it sweet, and mostly be worried about you getting caught. She isn’t really opposed to hurting bad people, and certainly hates Celosia a lot. There’s a reason she votes not to cure her.

I think Katia would have a much harder time knowing you did it for her. She wants to be free too, but doesn’t want the MC to hurt people, and would probably feel conflicted about getting revenge herself.

8 Likes