Keeper of Day and Night (Update Post 1932)

I mean yeah but that still leaves Katia’s lost past and probably subplot of how the Nypmh secretary’s brainwashed her into blissful obedience, Kol Finding true shifters like him, which looking back I’m pretty sure I remember him mentioning it longingly in Kitsune shifter training, Leon Dealing with the death of his sister which not only shattered his idea of having children but seemingly emotionally damaged his family even years later, Yakov’s Literal assassins that want to kill him, the dangers of which makes it seem like they’ve been after him most his life having him push other people away for fear they’d get hurt., Thalia’s Kill or be killed family with sirens instict seemily warping and degrading any familial love that could develop into cynicism and ruthlessness which is probably just the best case with Thalia and even worse for her family and I know people don’t like Davina but there’s Seraphina Treating her pschologically and helping undo the brainwashing and programing from Magic as well as social conditioning. Even if she’s disliked, the thought that somebody’s mind might be warped from damage from either compulsion magic or just an abusive relationship with a demon leaves a bad taste in my mind. At least half of the relatonship subplots seem pretty serious overall also you didn’t answer if the characters’d be alright if left on their own. Probably it’s just that I’m being a pussy but a big part of me loves all the characters and I really want everybody to be happy.

For some reason when I read this monster hunting sounds like a perfectly normal hobby that anybody can get into like fishing or camping and not some incredibly dangerous activity. Like some dude’s talking about his hobbies and just goes “Ohh yeah I dabble in a lot of things Origami, Baking sometimes I travel cross state to kill wild magical monsters that terrories small towns”

4 Likes

While we’re discussing that, I’d love the option to pretend you don’t know french to see what’s said about you while they think you can’t understand them. Though it feels like it’d be hard to implement clearly, if I’m being honest.

1 Like

Why the hell have I only discovered this just today? I feel like I already missed a significant portion of the progress even if the thread just barely has over 100 posts as of now. :sob:

Some notes
  • If we decide to set stats directly, will we also have an option to determine how optimistic/pessimistic we are in general, or does that stat not affect anything important as of now?

• When you have the option to make your opinion on how you feel about being the next keeper, you can mention that it’s a “fact of life that makes no sense whatsoever considering I’m human.” Is this going to be addressed at some point, or has it already been addressed in the previous game?

• Technically you can already do that in the demo as-is if you’re dating Seraphina, even if it’s not under the best circumstances and it’s mentioned off-handedly.

A half-smile plays on her lips. “Tu n’as pas la conviction que je puisse?”

• “Do you not have the conviction that I can?”

“Vraiment, je ne parle pas le français.”

• “Truly, I can’t speak French.”

“J’ai la conviction. Elle était seulement une question.”

• “I have the conviction. It was only one question.”

“C’est vrai que nous n’avons pas parlé de Katia récemment…”

• “It’s true that we haven’t spoken to Katia recently…”

“Tu agis vraiment comme une enfante.”

• “You act very much like a baby.”

“Tu as parlé beaucoup avec Seraphine l’année prochaine?”

• “Have you spoken a lot with Seraphina this next year?”

“Quelquefois. Mais vraiment elle ne comprenait pas le point.”

• “Sometimes. But really she has not included the point.”
    (Did you mean to use comprendre?)

“Tous nos colocataires parlent l’anglais. Ce n’est pas nécessaire de parler dans une autre langue.”

• “All of our roommates speak English. It’s not necessary to speak in another language.”

“Vous parlez de Katia dans le français donc elle ne peut pas vous comprendre?”

• “You talk about Katia in French so she can’t understand you?”

“Il est toujours amusant.”

• “It’s always fun.”

A couple things got lost in translation I feel like, but overall you did pretty well. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh I like this!

1 Like

I’m really excited for the possiblity of two things in this next book. My drakaina turning into a dragon, if he gets to that level, and my kistune possibly speaking japanese (since there was some french spoken in chapter 1). Here’s hoping.

2 Likes

I support this request, and want to react to obviously to whats said if my emotional is to high.

2 Likes

@daydreamsincolor

Im not sure if this been metion but one of the major choice about Kol was this one here

Kol was not rescued and his where abouts are currently unknown

Makes it seem like he’s in a coma

The more important question is can we “influence” Leon and Altair to do so?

Huh? I honestly thought Theron had that same quality as Alty where everybody likes him.

Awww…well…shit, if he’s working for my mc’s asshole magical “dad” that’s another complication. :unamused:
Nothing to it but trying to keep work and personal business separate. :persevere:

In any case my mc now knows where not to intern I guess.

I agree, they’d go differently without the mc meddling in them but most would still reach some sort of resolution. Maybe the mc can even hear about some of them in-game as rumours, status updates and talk around the proverbial or literal water cooler for the ones we do not get involved in? :thinking:

True, but if it means looking like a (comparative) bum while forced to mingle with high society that’s one more reason why my mc would hate the keeper gig. :unamused:

As far as making money in NMC goes I suppose my poor mc will lose his relatively cushy job with Cy’s dad that Leon had gotten him with the increased fame as I’m afraid Secretary Monroe would no longer be content just to use the mc as an office assistant.
The same goes for the hospital job (I don’t think the hospital will like the new influx of visitors trying to gawk at the new Keeper) in the NMC News internship, as it’s hard to be(come) a good investigative journalist when your face is that known. And, no, my mc would not to transfer to work in front of the camera. :unamused:

bugs

You’re left feeling drained, but the wolves are left appropriately helpless and terrified.

You’re left more than a bit unsettled yourself, though—Their screams are perhaps the worst sound you’ve ever heard.

I don’t think the first statement is needed for an expert elemental (with 30 stat)

“Wait, before that—how are you going to protect my mom going to be protected from anything looking to hurt me?”

Sounds like MC is glitching

Seraphina looks briefly surprised. “You’ll have to take that up with the appropriate authorities.”

Who would be?” you press, not backing down.

Who would that be

Oh and I get that hospital scene with Kol even though he was missing after the fight with Reyna

1 Like

If MC chooses to be magician, will holy fire harm him or nay ?

You don’t know how much I missed those guys! A good time to be alive, for sure.

Best of luck for this book too, DDIC. Hope thinks go well.

Now, if you excuse me, time to check that and make plans for future playthroughs as well. x)

1 Like

So I scrolled through the blog as usual to re-read some of my favorite asks to have a good laugh and I encountered this one again:

Apparently Leon has special powers that’ll be revealed in this book? This makes me even more hyped to read the future chapters. @daydreamsincolor Do any of the other ROs have spoilery powers? I think I remember Yakov had one… Maybe Cressy and Katia too? Or am I remembering it wrong?

2 Likes

@WA2000
Katia wouldn’t look into it and would continue living in blissful ignorance; Kol and Leon wouldn’t get involved in their subplots without MC’s support; and Davina’s always treated by Seraphina. You’re right that Thalia and Yakov are definitely concerns though.

I’ll be sure there are opportunities to support Thalia and Yakov especially if not on their routes :blush:

It wasn’t a stat in the first game, so the game kind of assumes MC’s starting at 50/50.

It’s addressed if you investigate the Delacroix Massacre.

Ahh thank you!! :smile:

I’m sorry, I’m not quite certain what you’re saying. The other option was that he was in a coma, this was that his current whereabouts are unknown.

Tiras is more genre-savvy than most of the other characters; he doesn’t really trust anyone outside of Danica, Altair, and Astrid.

In general, Theron is well-liked though.

That should be possible! (I still need to write out a timeline for when different events are happening on different routes with/without MC intervention, but once I do that I should be able to reference other routes that MC isn’t on.)

@AmericanShakespeare
Thanks for the catches!

It can harm anyone. It’s more harmful to nephilim/cambions though, and is also able to cut off one’s ability to use magic, so magician MC is relatively better off than other MCs.

@Noran
Thank you very much!

Well, acknowledging spoilery powers would make them more likely to be spoiled… :thinking:

7 Likes

Even my mc likes him, as he’s the only one of the adults who seems to accept him for who he is and doesn’t seem to project any outrageous expectations or demands on the mc. Of course, he is a politician and that might change with the whole rotten “keeper” reveal. My mc hopes it doesn’t as he rather liked Leon’s dad and Mirabelle. Again very much unlike his own dad or even Tiras.

Yay! Can’t wait for my mc to hear to crazy stuff Cy is up to and for my other mc to overhear what Alty’s been doing all this time.

So only some of the subplots, such as Alty’s happen regardless of mc being directly involved with them? :thinking:

I’d love to have more opportunities to spend my hard earned money! In the first game I felt like the money was kind of wasted - so much potential, man! Maybe buying weapons or taking RO on extra dates… Or spending it in things that would improve your skills. Besides, I WANT TO PET SERA’S DRAGON! I was so offended that she didn’t let me do that in the first game… C’mon Sera, everybody loves me, even magical pets. I mean, my instinct everytime a hellhound tries to attack me is try and become friends with them. Got bitten quite a few times because of it, but it was worth it.

Besides that, I want to get to know the professors better! They are all so interesting. I’d love to take one of them as a mentor of sorts.

Oh, one more thing! How did you get this good at coding? It’s amazing. Any tips for begginers?

1 Like

You can do that in the first game. Briseis and Seraphina just needs to like you enough.

3 Likes

I know, but I’m apparently not likable enough. :frowning:

1 Like

Maybe if you looked in the code, you can pick the options that make him like you?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a good idea actually. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@daydreamsincolor i was half a sleep when i post that
The first choice hes in a coma
The second choice hes missing
I choose the the second choice

1 Like