"Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale"—Get yourself in and out of another fine mess!

Dear Author, I love you and love your books. I thought it would be hard to top Tally Ho but by Jove, you did it! And I LOVED it when I discovered who the Mysterious Benefactor was. And I already can’t wait to see what everyone gets up to in the sequel. Rory is really too precious for the world, as is Vyv. And I’m watching Tabbie’s career with great interest, heheh.

@Mary_Duffy I did notice a couple of issues (formatting, pronoun). Do I email someone or something?

2 Likes

Thats exactly why i love them and the fact that they’re Irish is the cherry on top.

2 Likes

support at choiceofgames dot com

2 Likes

Congratulations to @Gower! I’m looking forward to a delightful Friday evening of Wodehouse shenanigans. :grinning:

2 Likes

I finished my first playthrough and what i could say is that THE STORY WAS SO AMAZING. And i shall emphasize “first” playthrough. I still have a lot of routes to play but I already feel satiated with my initial play. I am excited to play other routes and pursue other ROs.:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I have really enjoyed this game. I have done a play through and the story is just very good :+1: Awesome work! (gonna try other routes btw :smile:)

1 Like

I’m enjoying it immensely thus far. I don’t quite understand why I enjoy your games my friend. That’s not a crack on you @Gower, if anything, it’s a compliment. These sorts of Cozy upper crust comedies are about as far from my usual preferences as possible, but something about your games draws me in.

I will say though, having experienced both sides at this point, I must acknowledge that I enjoy playing the hyper competent servant smoothing the path (and pulling the strings) for the head-in-the-clouds gentry more than playing the aforementioned eccentric 1 percenter.

Whereas my Tally Ho PC seemed to embody Jeeves, our own servant in this game, Fritzie reminds me a great deal more of Fran from the Nanny.

1 Like

Just finished it for the first time. Usually I don’t comment here, but this was one of the best cog books I’ve read!
Hilarious, fantastically written, and very original. I found it better than Tally ho, a book that I enjoyed very much.
I’m definitely going to buy the sequels as soon as they come out!

Am I the only person who encounters an error trying to load chapter 6? I’ve tried various different pathways but no matter what happens in chapter 5 I get an error message and cannot go further. I have emailed the code but noticed no one else has mentioned it so wonder if I’m picking some wrong path?

1 Like

I recommend sending an email to support (at) choiceofgames (dot) com with a screenshot of the error message.

I’ve only just finished it (I know, that’s unusually tardy for me, but I’ve been very distracted lately). What a thoroughly charming read! More than lives up to the incredible Tally Ho! Congratulations Gower, can’t wait for the second instalment.

Me too. I’ve encountered same problem. I also have emailed the error. I already purchased the full game. N I really hope it can be fixed soon cause I really like this game N can’t wait to play it till the last chapter.

1 Like

If you were like me and playing it in the COG omnibus app, I downloaded the standalone jolly good app from the Google play store and that has worked past chapter 6 with no problem :slight_smile: so I think its a cog app issue not a code issue. Hope this works for you too! Happy playing

2 Likes

I am about three hours in on my first playthrough and can’t even count the amount of times I’ve chuckled or outright laughed out loud. Really loving this one (despite admittedly not having enjoyed Tally Ho that much due to its genre - which may be a good thing to note for others who might have felt the same!).

Looking forward to exploring the different branches! The witty dialogue (and narrative) are tremendous fun and I imagine the same will be true for other paths.

3 Likes

So, we’ve finally figured out what was causing crashes in chapter 6 of the game on the Android omnibus: the game file was just too big!

It’s going to take us several days to deploy a fix to all platforms, but at least we now know what the problem is.

10 Likes

I hope that didn’t damage to much sales.

1 Like

I assumed that

Game is good, really good. Despite being 1 200 000 in words it felt kinda short. I know it may be the diversity of choices that appealing, but Tin Star felt both very diverse and at the same time triple as long as this story. Moreover no truly evil choice weve got in this one. You could do some nasty business but the story is forcefully moving your adventure of a goody fella even if you dont really want to. However, it was written in a very entertaining way and everyone will enjoy the game.

Is it possible to save your character yet?

The ability to save your character will be added when I get very close to completing the game. I have three chapters to go!

You can track my progress on Tea and Scones in the first post of this thread: Jolly Good: Tea and Scones. I update this first post every time I work on it (which will resume after my semester ends and final grades are in for fall)!

2 Likes