Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale Free-for-All Discussion Thread Where Spoilers May Appear

screams and throws comically over-sized lacy bloomers

I was so excited I had to get up and pace for a bit. Now my co-workers think I’m losing my marbles.

6 Likes

I loved Tally Ho, and I’m definitely hyped ><!

3 Likes

Would this take place after Tally Ho?

2 Likes

Omg new game of yours. And it’s a trilogy! Yay. Tally Ho’s an awesome game. I love the asmosphere in your game. Witty, clever, romantic. Can’t way to see them again.

2 Likes

Yes, somewhere between six months to a year later.

1 Like

Will the import recognize Haze’s gender? I hate for the cute guy I romanced to be set to canon female or non-binary?

4 Likes

I think that’s part of the important decisions that can be decided

2 Likes

You’ll be able to pick Haze’s gender at the start of the game (or let the game randomize it!) There will be no canon genders for any of the gender-flippable characters.

15 Likes

Will our old MC be married to the ROs by the time of the game?

3 Likes

You will get to choose with whom (if anyone) your old MC has a long-term romantic relationship, but I will leave it vague whether this is a marriage or a committed relationship. Naturally people will be scandalized more or less depending on the partner or partners in question!

But the love life of your old MC will—mostly—be background, not critical for branching.

15 Likes

Your writing style is charming to the point where I feel happy just thinking about your games. Thrilled you’re writing a trilogy! And I can’t wait to get into as much trouble as physically possible.

16 Likes

Will there be any option to be a Tom foolery kind of merry jerk. Like making chaotic havoc jokes ? Maybe That could be most similar to my role-playing style. Still one day you have to make a cute grumpy pc I will love play as. Still as Tom Fool i will love breaking havoc everyone lives

That’s good. I like it when the game leaves some thing up in the air so readers can imagine bits and pieces of the story.

By the way, Gower, there’s something on my mind. On Tally Ho, we were able to roleplay pretty freely: the MC could be a tough-love boxer wih no time for social etiquette, a clever mathematician and matchmaker or just anything we could imagine. Will the reader be able to do that too in the Jolly Good games, or are we more directed towards being an idle goof?

6 Likes

So my mc turning Haze into a responsible member of the working middle classes and them living together in that apartment would be something of a scandal then, eh? :sweat_smile:

As for my other mc, becoming a star in Hollywood would too, I imagine, because it would be vulgar and very American.

4 Likes

Lol I ended Preparing as lover spouse Francinsense political campaign. And as A lesbian couple charismatic con Art thieves with Haze.

I let the post the same because the own game author has given me a like. and Is and is praise of @Gower skills and a game that share universe. And I loved my two playthrough of Tally oh oneWith Haze and other with Sense

2 Likes

I’ve tried to make the MC of Cakes and Ale a pretty broad palette to paint on like Tally Ho. Idle goof is one of the archetypes you can lean into; there should also some pretty flexible paths for a being a bright-eyed idealist, a sniffy snoot, a snarly devil-may-care hedonist, a winsome social climber, or a dry stoic, to toss out a few. And OK, possibly a merry jerk. When we eventually hit beta, that’s going to be one thing I want a lot of feedback on–options to help people roleplay what they want. You’ll be with this MC for a long time–I want you to really care about them!

26 Likes

Tally Ho was a laff, looking forward to this.

4 Likes

@Gower i hope known your writing style sounding based wording jokes. Most my personal love for British literature is stuff as Lewis Carroll or Wilde. Wodehose is more goof still awesome g

3 Likes

Perhaps an innocently naive blunt who trust the wrong person and being cheated all his/her money , until one day while sitting in the empty house alone…his/her one true friend/RO return to rekindle their friendship ? :slight_smile:

So I have an important question.

Do cakes (butter, honey or chocolate) really go down that well with ale?

13 Likes