January 2024's Writer Support Thread

This month I have not really been active or even lurking in this thread, I guess the sharing day is not a bad time to join in.

1. I have added a little of explainations, but I want to add more.
  2. I have added an injury system and exhaustion system to my demo.
  3. I did not finish this by the end of last year.
  4. This is what I am currently stuck on. Combat with so many power options tires me out.
  5. I semi did this. The chapter isn’t done, but I have written one of the endings!

This months goals:

1. Finish writing the combat in Chapter 24
  2. Add more endings
  3. Start writing the RO sub plots back into the story.

I am having a hard time on figuring out what to share. Most things are in major spoiler territory that I have been working on recently.

So I guess WARNING THE FOLLOW CONTAINS SPOILERS OF THE FINAL BATTLE IN DAWN OF HEROES (WIP). ALL THE EVENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED. Its safe for kids. That last part was a joke.

Dawn of Heroes Chapter 25 Spoiler Snippet
Providence sees our approach and starts to cast a spell to fight us off and she flies higher in the air. @{Flight I take off after her and catch her by the foot. I throw the woman back to the earth. | Hivemind chases her until he catches her. Before her spell can be finished, he throws her to the rest of us.} Breaker leaps at the woman and I can already smell the ozone in the air before her punch lands but does nothing. Of course, Providence would insulate her armor.

I @{HasMartialArts slide to the other side of Providence and kick | roll to the opposite side of Providence and punch } her head back to Breaker. The two of us ping pong her head back and forth until she breaks away. @{ProvidenceWings Her wings activate in a fury driving us from our feet as she takes off back into the air. | she points a hand as each of us before unleashing blasts of energy at us. Not strong enough to kill us, but enough to drive us away.}

The angel starts to charge a blast using both palms. It grows is size faster than I expect, allowing her to fire it directly at the ground.

*choice
	#I take cover.
		*goto Dodge6
	*if ForcefieldOthers
		#I shield everyone on the battlefield.
			*goto ShieldAll6
	*elseif Forcefield
		#I pull up my forcefield.
			*goto Forcefield6
	*else
		#Someone else protects me from the attack.
			*goto Shielded6

*label Dodge6
There is no time to stop her, only enough time to take cover @{(P1Speed >= 40) I dash behind a pillar and hope that it is enough to stop the attack. | I leap for a pillar but I do not move fast enough.} Providence's attack hits the ground, and the blast sends out a shockwave before the physical energy spreads every direction, striking everything.

*goto Continue6
*label ShieldAll6
My first thought as the attack is moments away from hitting the ground is to make sure that everyone is safe. I quickly gather up everyone's locations before throwing up barriers over everyone. Providence's attack hits the ground and it sends out a shockwave that my shields easily absorb. Then a wave of visible energy hits and all of the shields rattle.

Once I feel safe that there is not more to the attack, I dismiss the forcefields.

*goto Continue6
*label Forcefield6
The only protection I can rely on is my own. I throw up a forcefield just in time to absorb the impact of a shockwave before a second burst of energy radiates from the impact. Once more my shield shakes off the attack in strides.

*goto Continue6
*label Shielded6
There is no time for me to react and properly defend myself. I pull my hands up in front of myself to shield myself the best that I can until 
*if not(HivemindInjuried)
	*set HivemindInjuried true
	Hivemind and several of his drones land in front of me taking most of the blasts.
*elseif not(GenesisInjuried)
	*set GenesisInjuried true
	Gensis drops in front of me and places a shield in front of both of us.
*elseif not(BreakerInjuried)
	*set BreakerInjuried true
	Breaker knocks me to the ground and covers us both in her cape.
*else
	*set CamouflageInjuried true
	I am knock to the ground by someone I cannot see. Camouflage appears before me as she braces to take the attack.
The force of the first attack hits us but does little, my guardian relaxes just for a second wave to come out. Before either of us can react, the attack hits and knocks us away from Providence.

We scramble to our feet, not wanting to give the @{ProvidenceWings fallen angel | power armored fighter } time to try as second one of those.

*label Continue6

Writing buddies are the best. I won’t say that I could not have come this far without them, but it makes things so much easier.

8 Likes