Is there a way to work on several CS games at once?

So, I’ve been bouncing ideas off of a few people, and I was wondering if there was a way to work on 2 or more different games at the same time.

I’ve looked for information online, but have yet found anything that helps me.

I’d really appreciate it if someone would help me on this issue.:grin:

I don’t see why not. You’d just need to make two copies of the source code, and keep the two folders separate from one another.

When you say source code, are you referring to the dbfaulich file?

The whole folder, yes. Just unzip it once, rename the folder to your game title, and then unzip it again, and rename the second, new folder to the second game title.

Voila. Now you can work on two games at once.

2 Likes

So, say I was already working on one game and then decided to make another; would the second game replace any of my previous files that I had made for my first game?

I don’t see why it would, since both folders are completely independent from one another. I don’t think the actual code you use is stored anywhere but the dfabulich folders.

Alrighty, I’ll get to it then. Thanks for the help!

@Silhuetta If you want reassurance, I do this. Hasn’t deleted anything. It’s perfectly fine.

Yes you can, I have 3 in various states of completion. I’d have to say it’s not a great idea though, I’ve a few stories from just about done to only partway finished instead of 1 completed one. Anyway if you do it, just copy the source file. If you want to make sure they’re separate and you don’t mix them up make folders for each book and put a copy of the source folder in each.