Is anybody interested in making a game about dragon riders?

"That gamebook Trial of the Demon hunter. The name “Bogart” is actually copyrighted already at a south east asia nation as a comedy name. I think the author is not even aware that she/he can be sued if the owner copyrighter finds out because it’s copyrighted for almost 10 years now. Also it’s going to be a two case battle. One is for the author as a copyright violation and the next is for the company for copyright infringement. "

You can’t copyright a name. You are likely thinking of a trademark. On a side note, even if there were grounds to sue on a trademark infringement (there wouldn’t be in this case), it wouldn’t happen for a few reasons.

@GameOver
On top of that, “Bogart” was literally never in TotDH xD.

@GameOver

im actually kind of confused about that, I believe there are certain rights to trademark names, im just not sure how far the line between a product name and a person name is. take Harry Potter, for example. if the thousands upon thousands of fans for those books found out someone used that name in another book, and started making money on it, they’d blow a shit storm, and I believe JK Rowling would sue (of course, im not sure, nor am I sure if she even has the right too.) im not too sure, though. wouldn’t bet money on it

how about instead of the farmboy finding a dragon egg the MC is the dragon that is found & trained, kind of a nod to choice of dragons

Now that sounds wicked

I’ll just paste what I said regarding copyrights and names from another thread.

Legally speaking, names are not copy protected, but characters are. To elaborate, if you had a character in your work that wore glasses, had messy black hair and a scar in the shape of a lightning bolt, and waved a wand and did magic, and was named Harry Potter, that would be copyright infringement. But, if you had a character that was named Harry Potter but otherwise had no resemblance to the popular character, that would be fine, but be prepared for people to call you out on lack of creativity.

For reference

Thank you

Wait. Does that mean that the previous article is wrong?

Since we’re talking about games we want I will attempt to hijack this thread.
I was really excited for the choice of rock star game, and I did like it at first. However I felt it was too short and the endings felt too similar. Would you guys be interested in playing another game about similar subject matter but with more of a focus in guitar? I have actually attempted to write one like that in the past but nwlever finished or shared it with anyone.
I feel like I could make a good one if you guys think there would be any interest from the community at large.

Also, a dragon rider game sounds like it could be great.

sure @gkex, throw down a thread with a link to a demo & im sure several will check it out, but it would be rude to post it here in this thread.

Im fine with it thread wasnt going to get out anyway so feel free to abuse it as much as you like

No, please don’t abuse it.

@gkex, start your own WiP thread if you’re ready to; if not, revive one of the existing “games we’d like to see” threads, like this one. Don’t start a trend of hijacking threads.

Holyknight, if you want a game about dragonriders write it yourself. You don’t need help to do it.

I was actually working on a raise a dragon project, unfortunately my health is such that I can’t currently write. If I do get my writing ability back I’ll definitely look at returning to it.

I think people are being extremely harsh claiming this is an Eragon ripoff. Eragon itself is heavily influenced by other sources. (The first hit I got on google http://aydee.wordpress.com/2006/12/17/eragon/ but you should find numerous other articles.)

How about this

“You are the daughter of the ruler, whose family is slaughtered and an usurper sets about ruling your lands. You are the last of a line which has a unique affinity for dragons. You get a dragon egg, which you then hatch, and in doing so you ensure the return of dragons to the world.”

Am I speaking of Game of Thrones? Or am I speaking of Pern? Daenerys or Lessa?

Start small. You can write it yourself.

Sir that is brilliant you thank you