Interest Check: Kingdom Rule

Oh god I love how meta this game starts. This is totally my sense of humor :smiley: (and now that the narrator became the advisor I hope for much oppertunities to throw some sass at him as the story continues.) So count me as interested (and tbh I normally aren’t that interested in kingdom building/managing games most of the time, soooo, good job.)

Just one thing:

This reads a bit weird. As if part of the MCs dialoug would be missing.

And maybe give a few options for the MC to be overwhelmed with all the stuff happening…and may I ask: will the MC get a real backstory? Even if they are a nobody they probably had a life before. But all in all I can’t really understand much of the need in the comments to change the beginning to be less “abrupt” for me it honestly makes much of the charme and kept me reading to see what the hell is actually going on. I would like to get more clarification after the MC wakes up (for example what the advisor did hope to gain from the question in the beginning), that’s true, but I really enjoyed the uncommon start.

1 Like

Thanks and yea the MC’s dialogue is definitely missing now that I’m looking at that. But I was indeed going to add some backstory for the MC, i just didn’t want to dump it all on them at once. It was going to go hand in hand with the ‘how did you get this kingdom’ part.

2 Likes

It’s interesting and can’t wait :grin:

Yes I love this good work so far.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.