Installing previously purchased games on a new phone

Sooo…my phone may have had an incident involving the tarmac yesterday and is now non-functional. What is kind of annoying (apart from having to buy another phone) is I had a number of games I’d purchased, some of which I haven’t had a chance to finish reading yet. Does anyone know if there’s a way to reinstall them on my new phone without having to buy them all again? (Purchases were through the google play store).

If you set up your new phone with the same google account as the one that broke, all you have to do is go into your play store app, go into the menu, go to the “My apps & games” menu option, and go to the “All” tab, and you should be able to redownload any app associated with your google play account.

1 Like

Ah ok, maybe I’ll have to try it. Some of the games that were bought as in ap purchases part way through the book, don’t seem to have a “purchased” next to them (including community college hero which I’m only half way though) so I didn’t think just installing them would do the trick. I’ll give it a whirl and see what happens. Thanks :smile:

Your new phone should ask if you want to restore your apps and what not during setup. Just say yes and wait a while :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah I did that, it was still saying at the start that I’d have to buy it, however when I got to the spot where it wanted me to buy the game again in Community College at least, there was a small blue button that said restore purchase next to the buy it screen cut off point which let me restore it it again when I connected up to the wifi. So looks like it’s all good :smile:

Certainly! To reinstall purchased games on your new phone:

1. Set up your new phone and log in with the same Google account.
  2. Open Google Play Store.
  3. Go to “My apps & games” > “Library.”
  4. Locate your purchased games.
  5. Tap on a game and click “Install.”

This process allows you to reinstall games without repurchasing, as long as you use the same Google account.

after eight years Jacic’s problem is hopefully resolved - please don’t necro old threads