Infimus! - Supervillainy, Self-Loathing And Shapeshifting (12/2/2021 MAJOR UPDATE: Noise Art)

Okay, I feel pretty confident setting Saturday the 20th as the release date for the next major Infimus update. I’ve taken the past week and the next one to focus on refining and editing it, so nothing new to give you tonight.

3 Likes

Infimus Beta Update #13: Noise Art

So I say “beta update”, but I accidentally updated both branches and cannot roll it back. So uhhh, play it on the beta branch here but also the regular one if you want.

https://dashingdon.com/play/josephferrante/infimus-beta/mygame/

This will be taken out of beta and I will also make a proper announcement through the proper channels Wednesday the 1st. Plan to revamp this post’s OP, as well, and try to add as many QoL things as possible. Hope you enjoy.

8 Likes

Alert!, rave_1 line 344: Non-existent variable ‘roll_chance’

I love this game. It’s a pity I can’t continue where I left off, but other than that, the debug mode makes me feel like a real super villain.

rave_1 line 353: Variable ‘roll_chance_1’ exists but has no value

1 Like

Seriously @No_Ichor you need to use disable and reuse for choice at specific situations, ie for example when Spin asks 'bout Yes and No, after the voices in head talks the choice 'bout Fics is infinitely reusable…

If you ARE intend to get this published then there will be limit to reuse loop which sends you yo the end in published versions…

Also it’s PLAIN ANNOYING

1 Like

Oi @No_Ichor again I chose each choice at least 25+ times just to check…

You should make them disappear or greyed out after using them…

Like the person above said in their comment

this error stops the game from being playable.

1 Like

Alert!, rave_1 line 344: Non-existent variable ‘roll_chance’

I love this game. It’s a pity I can’t continue where I left off, but other than that, the debug mode makes me feel like a real super villain.

rave_1 line 353: Variable ‘roll_chance_1’ exists but has no value

Okay, fixed this. Thank you. Roll scripts, my enemy.

If you ARE intend to get this published then there will be limit to reuse loop which sends you yo the end in published versions…

Huh, had no idea that was an issue. Thanks for letting me know. I’ll fix that by tomorrow’s release. Sorry for the trouble.

3 Likes

Quick question. Will this debug mode be sticking around, or is it just for testing purposes? Would hate to See it disappear in the end. It could simply be another way of playing the game, adding at least a little more replay value if nothing else. While I do like a challenge, I also like my character to literally kick some butt from time to time.

I’m definitely keeping it! My philosophy is to allow for as many ways to play the game as possible. I might change it so it’s more granular, and you can toggle between god mode, regular mode, and always fail mode. But it’s sticking around.

3 Likes

That’s wonderful news. Games with these kind of modes always draws my attention. I’ve stumbled upon this game by chance, but I will definitely be sticking around now and I’m glad I did. I’m sure the always fail mode would be super hilarious.

1 Like

Huh, I’m still getting this, do I have to replay again?

From what I understand, the fix will come with tomorrow’s release.

I’ll fix the perma loop issue with tomorrow’s release, but I’ve just pushed the dice roll fix. Reload the page and try now? Shouldn’t need to restart the whole game.

The errors are gone thanks. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for us tomorrow.

well, due to my long standing dislike of version control, to fix today’s bugs I’ve pushed the latest development branch to dashingdon, which contains 99% of what tomorrow’s update will. so, if you’re reading this message, consider yourself as having early access :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oi @No_Ichor I went back a bit and found an error…

Also I think the saves are off @No_Ichor

1 Like

Yeah, no longer able to save. I also found a loop at this scene.

You have seen glimpses of her green eyes in the crowd around you. They were trained on you, or on Spin, or on your companions. She has been hovering around you. Curiosity? Interest? Or is there more to it?

When I click next, my character goes to the bathroom all over again.

oops, saves are something I forgot to re-enable. Should work now. Fixed the loop in the bathroom, I can’t replicate this error here though:

Try again now, and if it’s not fixed, might be something that necessitates a restart, since it’s a startup variable. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

This must be a bug. According to the stats screen, I need 1 memory to access the greenbloom memory, yet I can access it even though I have none.

Fixed, thank you.

1 Like