Infimus! - Supervillainy, Self-Loathing And Shapeshifting (12/2/2021 MAJOR UPDATE: Noise Art)

I’d suggest getting the save system into place. Otherwise, lookin great.

Woops, turns out I uploaded the startup file I use in my local copy instead of the one meant for the web. That’s why there’s no save system - should work now! It also resulted in you starting at the end of the game because that’s the part I was testing, instead of the…well, start of it. That should be fixed.

@Dragomer Which parts do you think need another pass? I’ve been rewriting the entirety of the game these last few weeks, and the version I just uploaded contains almost all of the planned revisions. I’d suggest starting a new playthrough.

2 Likes

Uploading newbie sorry couldn’t resist. Though to be honest I made the same mistake a few times

Cool, I’ll check it out.

What I’m gonna say is probably outdated then but my main issues when I played would be that some moments were a bit overly casual or relaxed given the context they happened in, which gave a bit of a whiplash with the big dramatic intro and how you’re technically a soldier in a war between chaos and order, I don’t have a problem with it being relaxed or dramatic but it switched between extremes a bit randomly.

In a more minor way, Flowerboy/girl basically say you can use either name but everyone and the narration only ever call them ‘Flowerboy’ so it felt a bit like a weird comment, though I might have just clicked on an option to use ‘Flowerboy’ without noticing if there’s one.

Everything else I felt weird were probably just bugs you’re already aware of or planning to fix like the tailor talking as if you’ve already visited when you go there the first time or the dialogue looping back to what was already said before you asked anything when you go down a list of questions.

Really liked how the MC’s powers are described and used BTW. Characters are also pretty fun, even if they didn’t really feel like future supervillains, even during the mission, they felt more like delinquents that happen to have superpowers, it could be on purpose tho since we’re all newbies.

Found a bug, if you try to look at your skill, it just crash.

Imgur

Yup, tone’s an ongoing issue I’ve been trying to fix. Not sure I’ve got the balance correct yet, but I’m working on it. Which parts exactly were not up to par?

Flowerboy/girl is now just “Flower”, I wanted to use a toggle/choice that randomized their name each time it came up but eventually decided to simplify it down to just that.

Yes, the MCs are meant to be green. They’ll face reality soon, though - that’s what the next part is about.

Thank you for the kind words and feedback.

1 Like

Should be fixed now, thank you.

1 Like

Not sure if I’d call it ‘not up to par’ but I think the moment I noticed it the most is when the ‘meet the teammates’ thing started, not really sure how I’d explain it but I think the transition to it was a bit too sudden, while Flower acting relaxed from the start is in-character, I feel a ‘breathing room’ of Verve kind of assessing the situation (since she’s meeting new people she know are supervillains), Spin sizing up the team (since for all he know, you could be 3 psychos) and MC kinda reflecting on the whole mask and body horror business they just went through could be a decent enough way to transition into the more relaxed parts of the ‘meet the teammates’ sequence.

That’s a decent enough solution, another could be to just the player decide which one to use when they meet them and it just stick to that one.

Good to know, I had a feeling it was a possibility, especially after Flower got honeytrap by a damn superhero, which is like the opposite of how it’s supposed to go as a supervillain.

You’re welcome and I hope my ramblings will be useful.

Found something else that might be a bug, if you select ‘reinforce the synapse’ instead of ‘cast a spell’, you don’t unlock the Mausoleum.

1 Like

Fixed, thank you. These are the hardest to spot.

1 Like

I forgot to include it but there also seems to be a bug in the concert scene where it suddenly jump from talking to Verve to a choice to cheer up the crying girl without actually showing you actually seeing or meeting said crying girl.

Oop, should’ve got this one too now.

1 Like

UPDATE #17 - Bright Green Field

Features

• Downtime with Verve. Visit the docks. Eat cheese.
  • Hear a tale of supervillainy and big guns.
  • See the field of flowers under the earth.

Play it on the beta branch here:

https://dashingdon.com/play/josephferrante/infimus-beta/mygame/

11 Likes

Encountered a bug during the rave scene where Verve(?) says the PC’s face is melting. When this happens the game freezes and I can’t go any further.

Additionally I’m playing on God mode, but I don’t know if this has anything to do with the error.

It doesn’t, no. I think I’ve got the issue, but to be clear, did you see the following line?

“And…your, uh, disguise failing also stands out. It’s doing it again. Melting.” says Verve.

Probably was cause I didn’t code a *go command after the *if statement, surprised my tests didn’t catch it. I’ll give the whole scene another pass for this weekend’s update.

When meeting the reveries, choosing the mastermind doesn’t change the skills

1 Like

Fixed - it in fact did not apply a bonus to any skills, regardless of your choice! Must’ve gotten lost in the rewrite, thank you.

2 Likes

updated with an interrogation scene - remember those parts in 007 movies where Bond is tied to a chair with the villain towering over him? that’s the equivalent of that, in Infimus. wanted to upload yesterday but it was too buggy.

hope y’all missed Karat

https://dashingdon.com/play/josephferrante/infimus-beta/mygame/

8 Likes

Are we a Joker-type villain in DC? So chaotic evil.

Really like this game i wad upset when the demo ended at a good time keep up the good work <3

5 Likes